Monday, January 7, 2013

Westbound

Yep, 102 degrees.  August in Montana, you never disappoint!

Spinners in Billings.  This is their second time.  The first time Kara took us, Ryker was dancing to the music and sampling yogurt with a perma grin.  It was pretty funny. 

They love this place.  I think it is pretty obvious why.

We picked up Kara in Billings after work, stuffed her in the back seat between the two car seats, and headed to Bozeman.  She was still working at both bank branches so we timed our trip so we could stay with her when she was in Bozeman.  It gave us an extra 2 hours on the front end of our trip back to Washington instead of on the tail end when it was just me, two kids, a dog, and 700 miles of highway with no where to stop but a hotel if the going got too tough.

Cosmos, glad to be out of the car and even more glad he didn't have to squeeze into the back where Kara did!

We left Bozeman about 6am when the kids got up and stopped at Burger King for lunch.  On the way to Montana I had all the meals and snacks packed in cooler and we stopped at rest areas for picnics where they and Cosmos could run around.  I thought they would enjoy a restaurant on the way back, but they pretty much drank their milk and ate a couple fries.  They were pretty pleased with the crowns though so I guess it was worth it.

Cosmos ate their burgers and we were off.  After a couple hours in the car, he started stinking it up and I was wishing I hadn't given him the leftovers.
 
We made it home by about 5 pm our time.  The kids traveled great and although they didn't sleep that much they were pretty content to just sit.  I think they were tired, excited to get home to their own stuff, and by the plethora of questions about whether or not Seth would be there when we got to our house, thinking about their Dad quite a bit of the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment