This kid has skills. We need to work on his jumping jacks though. So entertaining to watch. I should have known though because it was just this week that he finally mastered the somersault after much coaching from Kya the somersault wizard. There were a bunch of his school friends there so that was pretty fun too. And of course, there were a few of Kya's "gym friends" there too.
That's his little green butt sticking out of the huddle.
On a side note, today was awesome. The whole day. Even the kids commented on how great of a day they had. Maybe it's because a few days ago Ryker puked in my car on the way home from school and was sick all night, maybe it's because Kya and I had been butting heads for 2 days straight in the middle of the week over her potty training or lack there of, who knows but today was fabulous. Days like this help me keep my mind off Seth working round the clock pulling crab pots.
When Ryker was up puking Wednesday at 2 am the night that Seth started picking crab pots at midnight, he couldn't sleep and was laying there begging me to help him sleep. All of a sudden he looks at me and says "has Dad started pulling up his pots yet?" I told him yes, a couple hours ago. He then rambled on about how it was dark out and cold and asked me if it was raining. He decided that he'd rather be puking than have to be working outside like dad at night when you're supposed to be sleeping. And just like that, he settled down and fell asleep. Fast forward to the next night. He was saying his prayers. They usually involve a lot of nonsensical stuff, often rambling on for quite some time, and then he says a few things he is thankful for that are usually pretty thoughtful and legit. Last night it was short, to the point, and well thought out....a little too thought out maybe. It makes me wonder how much he worries and thinks about his dad. Anyway, it was basically this: I hope my Dad is catching lots of crab. I hope he's having a little fun. Please help him get some rest. Please have him get home fast. Amen. (Short pause) I like crab. I like to eat crab. I miss my dad. Remember when we went crabbing Mom? I miss my dad.
Kya was in agreement about both Dad and liking crab.
Hopefully he is catching lots of crab because I'm sure he's not having fun out there, he's not getting much rest, and he won't be home for a while. At least one of the four would be nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment