Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day to day in Wibaux

The kids loved to make calls on this sweet phone.....until we got out one that looks exactly like it, but has the rotary wheel.  Then that one became the coolest.  Also, they saw their first payphone in front of the courthouse.  They wanted to make a call but I always forgot to take change.

Kya grossed up my Mom's sprinkles.  We tossed this shaker when she was done.


 
Trying out headbands

Lookin' good girlfriend!

Too much bike riding, swimming pool, 100 degree weather, and sprinkler today.

Headed to the bike jumps.


 


 I took this before picture, but forgot to take an after shot.  Since we were out running though the sprinkler all day, everyday, I decided I might as well do a little something so I painted the sheds.  Ryker wanted them to be red with white trim, but we could not sell Grandma on the color.  I let the kids choose between three colors that were close to the same brown.  When they heard the names, it was an easy decision.  It's no red, but Chocolate Chip ended up working out fine.

Once again, a random person in Wibaux gave them money for a treat at the store.  They could get used to the handouts, but that doesn't happen just anywhere kids.  Only in Wibaux. 

Sheepherders Monument.  Ryker wanted to walk up to one and check it out, but we never got a time to go without Kya.  She couldn't have made it all the way up the hill and it was too hot for me to carry her.  Maybe next year.


They loved driving through this.


Kya didn't really like the taste of the gumdrops she got, but she did like biting them in half and sticking them under her nose.

Practicing for the stick horse rodeo.  I didn't want him looking like a city slicker and not even knowing the pattern.  The fact that he was the only kid in shorts at the actual event may have given him away though.

Run Kya!


We rolled down to Plevna to visit Nick O'Connor and stopped by the park.  Plevna really upgraded their park since the last time I stopped there to use the port-o-potty.  There's all kinds of good stuff there now.



 
 
Kya will blab and blab when she is exahsted to keep from falling asleep. As soon as you give her something to eat and she stops talking for 2 seconds, she's out. I always have to pull over and remove the food from her mouth though so she doesn't choke. Sheesh girl, just sleep when you're tired!
 
We just happened to stop on the county line.

We ate on the deck at Grandma's.  That way, I just had to hose it down every few days.


Jonas, Kya, and Ryker while cruising the town on their bikes.

.....And Cosmos.
He just arrived.  He was usually a few blocks behind.

Water break at the grocery store.


Oh, and here we are arriving at the park.....again....



Popcorn in the tent

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment