Thursday, July 12, 2012

Those Crazy Leprechauns!


The kids are starting to expect mail on holidays which is funny because I always know that my Mom is going to mail me something sometimes even on small holidays like the forth of July, May Day, or Groundhog's Day.  Sometimes the cards contain stamps or stickers or even money, but mostly, they are a reminder that I am loved and that there is a reason that I celebrate about every holiday known to man.  It's what we've always done and I think it might even be more fun for me now than when I was a kid.  Well Ryker and Kya are getting real used to it too and if a holiday goes by where they don't get at least a card, they are just aghast.  It's pretty funny.  Well for St Patrick's Day, these stickers came in the mail from Aunt Jackie.  They immediately stuck them all over their shirts.  Ryker set a few aside to wear to school on the actual day since we got them a little early. 

Kya layered hers so they were all stuck on top of one another.  They were the puffy kind and she thought about eating them as well, until Ryker laughed hysterically at her and told her they were stickers.

 

My Mom was here right before so of course they got some sweet St Patrick's Day Tshirts. 


They brought these sticks up to set a trap for the Leprechauns if they tried to sneak into our house at night.  Ryker hung them on the ramp, because he decided that would be their most likely point of entry.  I didn't know if Ryker would be creeped out so I kept the trap setting to a minimum.  Especially after Seth thought I was being a little to crazy and it might scare him to think there were little green Leprechauns running around.  I then tried to pull up a picture on the internet of a nice friendly looking Leprechaun.  It was much harder to do than I thought and there were a lot of pictures that I didn't want floating around even in my head.  Apparently, Seth has more experience with the scary, mean looking leprechauns than I do because I didn't even know such a thing existed. Seth was also a little concerned that Ryker would be going to school talking about leprechauns and all the kids would think he was weird.  I didn't want to make my kid some sort of freak at school so I did a little asking around at work, a random poll, if you will.  Turns out, I'm not the only weirdo.  As a matter of fact, I'm far from it.  There were lots of people that did stuff like this and the ones that thought it was a little weird, are the, how should I say this politely?  BORING people!  Haha, the polling concluded that goofy and imaginative wins again!  Anyway, this year went smoothly so next year, we'll be setting some sweet traps.  Stay tuned...we might even catch one!


Ryker's doorway was streamered shut when he woke up and the "rainbow" twisted downstairs to....
....this!  They left a pot of gold with dollar coins and chocolate coins.  They also left some of their special cereal which Ryker really, really hopes they bring again next year.  Apparently, he liked it. 




He followed the rainbow down, then went back upstairs to wake up Kya.  I also put a light out that makes stars and moons and turns like a disco ball.  That did scare him because he could see the shadows moving outside his room.  It also made Seth jolt out of bed because he though it was police lights or something when he woke up early in the morning....oops, sorry, but you did knowingly marry the crazy lady.  It's not like I pretended to be normal pre nuptials.

 



Green jelly beans by the back door.





All the toilet water was green, except for in our room because someone who will remain nameless flushed.  The shamrock stickers were still on the toilet seat though.





We didn't get them in our trap this year, but we did get what we think was one of their hats.  At least that's what Ryker thinks.  I think it was 2 green pipe cleaners twisted up in the shape of a hat. 





Loving the light ball after they knew what was going on.

Footprints on our eggs and out milk carton.  They were on everything.  They even turned our milk, eggs, and a few pairs of socks green.





Kya lovin' her green eggs.

Ready to head to Grandpa Geoff's and Grandma Mary's


My Mom even bought me a shirt.  I have a shamrock tattoo on my face.  They got me in the middle of the night.  I should have left that little prank out because Ryker was pretty hung up on the fact that they didn't tattoo his face in his sleep.  Yeah, he wasn't creeped out at all, only disappointed that they didn't mess with him in his sleep.  So funny how kids view things. 





Nascar Leprechaun




Ryker helping Grandma Mary with the strawberry shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment