Saturday, July 21, 2012

Last Week (seriously these are new pics!)

Since Seth is gone I'm going to fast forward to the present and put up some recent pics.  I'll work on the last month of our lives later.  All of these were taken this week and boy have we been busy.  I'm almost done staining the deck, we're slowly taking our yard back from the last 4 years of neglect due to pregnancies, house building, boat building and skiff building (it was a feat just to get our lawn mowed), we've almost gotten everything unpacked/organized/shoved in the crawlspace/given away that came from the other house, pressure washed the owl poop out of the play set, and oh yeah, did I mention these two are having the time of their lives....squirt gun fights that have morphed into just plain hose fights (they each have their own hose now), bike riding, tree climbing, hammock laying, knot tying, bug collecting, butterfly catching, tonka towing, berry picking, dog tired (and usually striped down and running around the yard naked) when the sun goes down days.  

They still don't even let me cook it first.

This guy/gal has been joining us for dinner each evening and is also around sometimes during the day.  We've gotten hours of entertainment out of it.  He perches on a branch in our backyard overlooking the back patio.  Ryker threw his corn cob out in the grass the other night hoping he'd go for it, but of course, he's back there looking for rodents.  He's been out a couple times during the day as well and those have been the most exciting.  We've seen him slowly walk to the end of his branch staring intently at the ground below then swoop down and tussle around in the grass for a while.  The time he actually got something, he was down there for almost a minute.  We could just see the tall grass moving.  Ryker rushed out after he flew back up to see if he lost any feathers.  Another time Cosmos showed up in time to see the grass moving and ran out there barking.  The owl flew up and puffed his belly feathers at him and then while staring directly down at him threw his wings around as if he was throwing punches at Cosmos.  The kids loved it and I was thoroughly entertained as well.  Ryker found a feather the other morning on near out front porch so he thinks he landed on one of our beams.  The feather went straight into the "things to show Dad when he gets home box."  It was about 4 inches long and Ryker has decided it came from his belly probably when he was shaking at Cosmos again.  He's still in search of a tail feather.  I'm in search of an owl pellet so we can crack one of those bad boys open.  Oh, yeah and Ryker swears he took the corn cob because it was gone the next day when we went to pick it up.  My money is on Cosmos, but you never know. 

There's been a whole lot of this action.  Not necessarily always the same apparatuses though.  It's not safe and there have been some spills, but Kya won't stop getting on board with the free ride.

They got this boat from the daycare they used to go to as a parting gift when she closed.  It used to be tied up to the blue dock you see in the background, but yesterday those became huge waves and the fishing vessel Robert Magnus also became a rescue vessel.  They rescued dogs, people from monsters, each other, me, and some other things that I didn't leave my deck stain to investigate.  This picture is from the day before the craziness in sued so they are just out for a leisurely cruise. 

Ryker has really gotten into the tree climbing.   Kya is usually right there with him.  I found them both on top of the garden trellis the other day.  Kya was about 10 feet up.  She's a great climber, but often gets stuck on the way down.  She made it down, but I told Ryker to stick to the trees until she was napping.

 
This is Zoey, she spends the day at whichever house has people home during the day.


Row, row, row your wagon by pushing the wheel.  Kya kicking back along for the ride.  Way to be safe with the life jacket girl.



Potty training Kya has become a nightmare for me.  She has to go all the time and she fakes it in situations she wants to get out of AKA: riding in the car too long.  Now I'm trying to take a break so she isn't yelling "Mama, gotta go pee pee" all the way to Montana, but she's not forgetting about it.  She continues to want to use the toilet.  I have a travel toilet, but I'm not stopping every 15 minutes.
We eat all meals outside.  Ryker likes to order through the kitchen window and I pass everything out to him.  Kya kept asking me for iced tea, then giggling. 

Post water fight snacks
Get out of here!  I'm on the toilet!
(and yes, she took her snack with her)

You took it, didn't you?  Real cool Mom, real cool....
Tenants car breaking down = free show for us = first audience for the driver (give us your best car towing demonstration buddy!)


See you later, Tow Mater






They NEED a bath every day, they often have 2 because they are getting filthy, and a couple days Kya had to have 3, plus some butt rinses with the tub wand or outdoor hose because we've been doing some experimental diaper free days.  Yeah, there's been poop on the bathroom floor, in the entryway, and outside once.  I took her in the house to clean her up and told Ryker not to go near it.  I'd be back to clean it up.  I came back outside to him staring at the ground, arms folded across his chest with a look of disgust on his face saying "I don't think you have to worry about the poop anymore." I yelled, "why, please tell me you didn't walk in it."  Then I saw what he was looking at....Cosmos eating it.  He busted out laughing and Kya seemed concerned.   Ryker was already complaining about Cosmos riding to Montana with us because of his smelly breath.   (yep, we're putting our dog in our car...never thought I'd see the day.  He'll be riding shotgun, passing back the snacks) Now he's really been making wise cracks.  We are taking him to the groomer before we leave.  I told him that I'll have her brush his teeth and we'll slip some mint leaves in his dog food.  I'm not really planning on asking her to brush his teeth, but I bet $10 that Ryker will say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment