Thursday, July 12, 2012

Easter

Rice Krispy treat Easter eggs with hollowed out centers so you can hear the jelly beans shaking inside.
Ryker is old enough now to really start taking part in my holiday shenanigans.  I was amazed that he could blow out eggs already.  He crushed the first one, but it was smooth sailing after that.  He learned to harness all the power into the blowing, but keep a light grip on that delicate little egg.

Onto the painting.



I painted one.  The orange one on the left that is painted uniformly with nice glitter glue striping.  I was told, and I quote "Yours is boring.  It's just all orange and stuff."  Yeah, it's called good painting kid!  You should try it sometime!  This does answer a question that I always find myself wondering though....do kids know when someone else's stuff is done better than theirs?  Do they wonder why it takes us 62 guesses and 24 hints and we still cannot guess what the picture they drew is?  Nope, not at this age.  I'm pretty sure that Ryker just thinks I'm as terrible of a guesser as I am an egg painter. 
Still trying to squeeze into that costume Peter Rabbit? 

Finally time to try out his cooking.

Kya was very impressed with the surprise in the middle.





Yep, the chicken costume is too small too, buddy.







Our finished bouquet for Grandma Vi.

Using the sweet mugs they got in the mail from Aunt Jackie.  They were very excited when these babies arrived because they came in a BOX and not just an envelope.  That always means something good.  They are the kind with the double wall with liquid between the two and it was hilarious watching Kya trying to get the water to come out.  It still fools her every once in a while and she uses the cup almost every day.

Ryker was pretty pleased with his as well.

Let's hunt!

Waiting for the hunt to start.  Yeah, we got there 30 minutes early.  We were excited!

Easter's with Dad are here to stay!  With his new fishing schedule, he'll always be around in the Spring, where before he was usually gone by Easter.




The Crenna's ready to hunt too.

Alexis and Adrianne made it out to Maiben park too.






 









I absolutely LOVE this picture for so many reasons.

We spent Saturday afternoon at the Werder's.

They had another egg hunt and a BBQ.

Sunday morning we hunted AGAIN at our house.

That crazy rabbit sure can jump!
And how did he know I already outgrew my 12" gravel blaster?












Cosmos found a few too.  Just let him have it Kya, it's cracked open and for the best.




Checking out their loot.





 







Next stop:  Woodinville at Bus and Ida Mae's for Easter dinner. 

These two little hooligans were pretending they were some kind of security detail.  We will need to confiscate those walkie talkies when they are older.  Just looking at these pictures makes me nervous that I'm going to be ambushed at any minute with a dart gun or water balloon. 









Seth was quite surprised when I said to put this dress on Kya.  We usually don't really think about what clothes they wear and she is getting to the age where she wants to pick out her own clothes.  We have at least a dozen little hand me down dresses though and I figured Easter was a good occasion.  Kya saw it differently.  She did not what to wear this dress from the moment we put it on her.  It lasted about 15 minutes and she headed to the car and started taking it off.  She is pretty obsessed with coats.  She wanted her coat even though it was hot,and refused to let me put a shirt or pants on her, so she spent half the day sweating in a coat, no shirt, and her tights.  The girl knows what she wants, there's no changing her mind, and I could care less what she wears.  I do want to go on record though letting everyone know that I put her in a dress and she took it off.  I get a lot of flack for always putting her in Ryker's hand me downs and I'm sure if she grows up to be a tomboy, everyone will think it was because of me.  I'm thinking Seth putting her in raingear and Extratufs, and making her pile web and sort fish at an early age will pretty much ensure that she'll be a tomboy, but I'm trying to give her the choice.  She's going to want to do all the things the boys do and not be outdone by her brother and his pesky friends I'm guessing.  However, Ryker does ask to have his toes painted a lot so maybe he's the one I should be worrying about influencing.


She was distracted by the eggs, but still no smile until she got that dress off. 

Here she is in the bare chest, puffy coat, tights, and tennis shoes she selected herself.  Girl's got style!

 
Now we're talkin'!  Who doesn't love an old cattle shoot?!

Seth coaxed Kya into some normal clothes after a diaper change.  I'm officially putting him in charge of outfits until she's 18.  Godspeed, good man.  I'll be right there laughing with you, not at you....... especially around age 13.


No comments:

Post a Comment