Waiting in line for our first ride....Cars.
It was one of their favorites.
Look at the dork in his own ladybug!
Snowing at the Mickey live show.
Drawing class. This was surprisingly one of Ryker's favorite things to do at Disneyland. He says he wants to be an artist so we'll see how it pans out. I think most 6 year olds go through an "art" phase. I know I did. Kya enjoyed it too, but felt bad that she couldn't get hers too look quite right.
Cheshire Cat! We went back the next day and drew Donald Duck.
Lego car races
Pool party at our hotel. They really have thought of everything here at Disneyland! It's non-stop entertainment.
Autopia ride with Kya at the wheel! Pretty scary!
Her faces were hysterical. She would get nervous, hit the rail and make this worried face.....
Then laugh hysterically!
Mark Twain boat ride
Submarine ride
Soooo heeeaaavvvvy...
Tram ride back to our hotel
More fun than the actual rides!
Dinner at Goofy's kitchen.
Instead of wasting time standing in line to meet characters at the park, we decided to eat at Goofy's kitchen and they'd come right to us. Also, these two decided that they just weren't going to eat the whole time we were at the park because there was too much going on so this was one of the few meals that they actually sat down and ate. Other than that, they at giant pickles, fruit, and popcorn while waiting in lines. I totally understand, however, I would have liked to break for lunch!
Get whatever you want, just eat lots tonight were my instructions to them. Kya of course had the fruit platter!
Pickles waiting in line for Splash Mountain. The first day we got lucky and got to ride it twice before there was even a line. It was closed down and had just opened that day so no one was aware that it was back up and running. We actually got pretty lucky as far as lines were concerned. We had a pretty good system and didn't spend much time in lines. We used our Magic Mornings and Fast Passes wisely.
This was a funny show we went to one afternoon.
Parade
We went to both night shows and the kid's loved them. World of Color at California Adventure Park and Fantasmic at Disneyland. These pics are from Fantasmic.
The water was on fire.
There were more "WHOA's" coming out of these two's mouths than I'd ever heard before. I started watching their faces instead of the show it was so funny.
It truly was amazing.
Back at the Cars ride the next morning!
Kya bought an Elsa dress and crown with the money she took from her piggy bank. You'll be seeing her in it for the rest of the trip. Needless to say, she was pleased with her purchase.
This is what California Adventure looks like early in the morning. Get out of bed people! It is totally worth it to have the park to yourself!
In this room the mirror takes a picture of you and you answer a few questions, then it tells you what Disney character you are most like.
Kya's first try.....
My first try. Yep, Mrs. Incredible! Sounds about right.
Kya's second try.....
Ryker's first try.....
Captain Hook.....sounds about right.
Guess who this is....second time around....
Yep, that's me....Mrs. Incredible. Three times in a row! The kids were slightly annoyed that I got the same one every time. Especially when I requested they just start referring to me as Mrs. Incredible.
I can't remember if this one was Ryker or Kya's next try. We each did it 3 times. Seth did it once and then ran to get us some fast passes.
Back for more drawing.
Kya couldn't go alone because she was under age....so was Ryker but we lied. Are you kidding that you have to be 8 to go down this tiny hill by yourself. It would have been safer if they had been alone because Seth's sled went out of control and he rammed Ryker's! Haha, I couldn't stop laughing. The snow (aka, ice) was so jagged that he cut his hand trying to stop his sled from hitting Ryker. There was a lady taking pictures that was all concerned standing next to me. She didn't appreciate my laughing. We told the kids that we're not doing anything again that involves California and snow. Haha, save the sledding for Montana.
Who would have thought we'd be drinking root beer floats at the Cozy Cone!?
Remember that empty street I showed you earlier? This is what it looks like in the afternoon. This is about the time we'd started ducking into shows and having snacks. Now the lines are getting LONG!
Look what Dad won me on the Boardwalk!
Breakfast on our last day. This was a non-park day for us but we had all day to mess around because our plane left at 7pm. We slept in (7:30am, if you call that sleeping in), Seth took the kids to the pool while I packed us up, then we headed out for one last day of fun.
Dance party!
Back at the Lego store. We just can't seem to walk past this place without going in.
Ryker finally decided what he was going to spend his money on. He had to check out everything in the park first. He built this car. You pick out all the pieces and then put it together.
Testing it out.
I think I have more pictures that Seth emailed from his phone, so this might get updated later, but I'm posting what I have because I know there are some people waiting to see these. The kids cannot wait to go back and hopefully show their little cousins!

No comments:
Post a Comment