Keep the lights on in Edison BINGO night.
Backwards hoodie guy. He said that's where he keeps his almonds. I guess it's like a feedbag.
Dr Seuss' birthday! We did a lot of stuff this year. I'm surprised this is the only picture I took. I actually had to cut 30 felt mustaches for Ryker's Kindergarten teacher after she saw the orange with the mustache and googly eyes I put in his lunchbox to look like the Lorax. Apparently, it was a big hit. He told me that he couldn't stop laughing when he saw it. That's what makes all my craziness worth it. I love surprising him, but really love to know that he had a good laugh at school. Soon, he won't find anything I do entertaining so I'll ride this train until I'm kicked off!
They have a cake walk for the Edison Carnival so they have a cake contest the day before in hopes of collecting a bunch of cakes. Of course Ryker wanted to make one, but he needed to do it himself. We needed a cake that didn't need perfectly smooth frosting and didn't take much frosting decorating. Replicating the cake that I made for Vi's party was perfect.
I was actually very impressed with his frosting spreading. I warmed it up a little to make it go on easier, but I think he could have done it anyway. I did print the vegetable seed packets but he glued them to the sticks and placed all the vegetables.
He also used green decorator frosting and piped on the stems and leaves and of course he wanted to use chocolate rocks to line the side of his garden.
Kya loved it too. Guess what? He won first prize in his category. There weren't very many Kindergarten cakes but I think he did a pretty good job. He wants to make the same cake next year because he said it's an easy one to make look good. Haha. Maybe we'll mix it up and add gummy worms or a toy truck digging instead.
They started out decorating an outdoor pine tree with Easter eggs, but moved on to Cosmos.
This boy is ready for Easter.
Kya's jelly bean tree. She's decorating, getting ready for Grandma Patti's visit.
Another tooth. This little poop started hiding the teeth under his other pillow and on his nightstand. I told him the tooth fairy might just give up if she couldn't find it, but he persisted. He doesn't KNOW it's us, but sometimes he hears things and just has to test us. It's so hard once they start school. I will tear your room apart as you sleep before I let that tooth go unfound little man! I won't be outsmarted just yet! That probably happens at age 7. Haha. Meanwhile, Seth could care less and would just hand him the $2 in exchange for the tooth. I tell him my stories of Ryker trying to outsmart me and as much as he finds them entertaining, I think he thinks I'm a total DORK as I struggle to match wits with a crafty 6 year old. Speaking of Seth, I think this is the tooth that came out playing Tetherball. Seth nailed him in the face with the ball and then was taunting him as Ryker was struggling to cough up the tooth. Just kidding about the taunting part. I made that up, but Ryker did start to swallow it and had to cough it up. I took this picture before bed and he wanted me to text it to Seth and write, "thanks for knocking my tooth out Jerk." Now don't get all crazy, we don't use the word jerk very much and I don't know if Ryker had ever said it before then, but I always tease Seth by calling him a bully and a jerk each time he knocks one of Ryker's teeth out. It seems to happen quite often. They are always loose, but he just has a way of finishing them off while rough housing. Anyway, we sat in Ryker's room giggling for quite sometime waiting for a response text from Seth, but never got it. Our cell service is so bad in our house that our joke didn't go through until later. Didn't matter though, we got our laugh out of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment