Friday, August 14, 2015

Christmas Time

Edison school Christmas concert

Of course, my kid is trying to blow into the microphone before they start singing.




Kya was not entertained by the singing.  She did make it through Ryker's performance, but then fell asleep.

Clover the Balloon Fairy at the winter wonderland walk in Anacortes.


 
The hunt is over.  We found our tree!

Cut that sucker down Seth!


Ryker had to take over....

Drag it out Kya!

How old is this tree Dad?


Yeah, pretending a saw is a mustache is probably a bad idea.  I'll take that now.

Even Kya knows you're going to cut your lip off...

Their letters to Santa are done!



This is what happens when your Dad fills out your picture form in his self proclaimed "best penmanship."  I died laughing when I opened this because I knew exactly what had happened.  Ryker was not as impressed so I emailed the photo company and they gladly reprinted it.

Big kids had to pick up the little kids.  Ryker was the only kindergartener that was packing a kid.  Haha, get used to it buddy.


Our "Nature Tree."  The kids loved collecting and crafting all the ornaments.
It would have been nice if we could have stuffed the snowy owl we found caught in the fence in Wibaux and put it on the top (it was gorgeous), but it's a bird of prey so sadly we had to leave it behind.

This wreath kept Kya busy for about an hour stringing all the nuts on.
Turned out great.


They were pissed at me when they saw that I had written my name on the back.  Everything was all cleaned up by the time they notice too so sadly there was no more frosting to go over it with.  Haha....I love being a mom!
 
 
 
Last minute trip to Bellevue to stay the night and they only had a king sized bed.  We made Kya a chair/ottoman bed for the night.



 

Snowflake Lane





Catching snowflakes

Christmas games at the library

Getting too cool for little kid games

Christmas sing along


Over Christmas break the little kids were able to use the high school wrestling room for practice.  Kya was not impressed.  She hated the smell of that place!

Christmas ornament Ryker made for Kara and Brian's Bobcat tree.

An ornament we made for our nature tree

One for our friends who provide us with our food!

Ryker's letter to Santa

Kya's letter to Santa

Our upstairs tree


 
Christmas Eve eve

Christmas Eve saying goodbye to Peeka.
 
Our motion detection camera worked amazingly, catching the big man in the act.  It was much needed too since Kya found one of the presents under my bed before Christmas.  This got them back on the Santa train.  She didn't tell anyone that she'd seen it until after Christmas or I would have just given it to Ryker from Seth and I.  She told Ryker and he told me a few days later.  I told her that maybe Santa's sleigh was full so he brought it a few days early, but I didn't know anything about it.  The little smarty pants even went back after Christmas morning to see if it was gone and sure enough it was so she was pretty sure that I was Santa, but this convinced her otherwise.
 



Seth made this stained glass in college and it had been sitting at his parents house behind a dresser ever since.  I found a lady to repair a few broken pieces and gave it to him for Christmas.  Haha, nothing like getting a gift you made yourself.  We have it hanging in our house now.  It's a lot better than I expected it to be.  Stained glass must be pretty easy to do.  Just kidding Seth!  You're quite the artist.  Now get on that wood carving you were going to do!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment