Painting at Johnny Picasso
Tetherball master. This kid is obsessed. He has finally started beating the older kids at school. He was so upset at the beginning of the year because they won't let him play by the "Little Kid easy rules" and he's a Kindergartener! They said he was already too good. We told him that it would only make him better in the end to play by the second grade rules, but it was hard for him at first since the rest of his classmates often won because they played by different rules. I'm not bragging that he was an expert tetherball player, it was merely because of his size and strength at first. Now he is pretty good though and taking it to those second grade punks! His classmates tell me on my volunteer days, that he's the best in the class when it comes to Tetherball. Pretty funny stuff considering ALL the conversations we had about it when school first started and he was learning the game, having to play by the older kid rules, and taking him to the playground to practice on weekends before he got his own pole.
I'm learning that this is his attitude with pretty much everything in life....he wants to be the best and is willing to work for it. It's August as I write this and school is about to start up again and he was just telling me a couple days ago about how he can't wait for wrestling this year because he's going to be the 7 year old amongst the 6 and 7 year olds. I'm still getting over watching him get beat up last year, I'm not looking forward to a new season yet. Apparently, that is behind him and he's looking to kick a little butt this year.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Seth was bringing the boat back from crabbing but Stevie drove the truck up and was staying in our apartment so we left him pancakes and bacon when we left for the day. I didn't think much of it until the kids were telling people and everyone was wondering WHO I was leaving heart pancakes for! Haha, relax people, I'm a nerd about all holidays. We always eat hearts on Valentines day. I didn't just make them for Stevie.
Casino pool with the Franklins!
Somehow I'm thinking Kya enjoyed Aidan more than Aidan enjoyed Kya.
The "Noodler" annoyed everyone in the pool with his noodling.
Try as they may, there was just no removing his noodle.
The Noodler strikes again.
Don't let this guy babysit.....
SJM Valentine party
Kya looking at the handprint card from Mara. So pleased with her bestie's Valentine to her.
On to Ryker's classroom for party #2!
Jacob and Ryker opening Valentine boxes.
Snack time
Whenever there's a pineapple in the house, we must turn it into a drink. Have these two been to Costa Rica already?
This one was for their friend Finn because it was the first time he'd been to our house.
Lunch during a play date with Mara, Finn, and Larkin.
Basketball camp with Anacortes Parks and Rec
"Look Mom, I'm like those guys in the book One Apple Up on Top."
Alger train club hangout. We've always wanted to stop by here but the hours are weird and we always ended up opting for something else when it was actually open. We finally went and they LOVED it. It was really cool to me too mostly because all the places/towns were built to mimic someplace in Skagit or Whatcom County.
There were lots of tracks with numerous trains running at once and the detail was amazing.
This was just funny to me because Seth lived in a trailer/old migrant camp they named Tortilla Flats. Guess that name wasn't original.
Oh Roomba, you're worse than a toddler. You're lucky I love you so much!
The boat is back from crabbing. You know what that means.....sleepover! Kya's bunny "Buns" is strategically placed covering Ryker's buns because he wouldn't quit mooning the camera. Oh yes, I'll be saving all the shots I got before this one for when he's older since he thought he was soooo funny.
Now go to bed! These boat sleepovers are always exhausting for me.
The next day we hit the zip line park!
Seriously, why is Mom always taking pictures? Someday, you'll appreciate my photo madness kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment