I've never thought that would be a bad thing, but I never really considered it until having children either. Of course, I say all the same things my Mom used to say to me. For instance, today alone......"if you have time to kick it around, you have time bend over and pick it up, are you trying to warm up the fridge or cool down the house?" That's just a no brainer. Those comments just flow out of you. Maybe it's because you've heard it so many times or maybe it's because it all makes sense now when you watch your kid kick a blueberry 4 times across your floor, accidentally step on it, then walk away, leaving a spot every couple feet because there is so much blueberry juice on the bottom of his sock. I even find myself repeating the ones that I don't understand. The other day I was taking the recycling out and Kya asked where I was going. I told her "to see a man about a horse" and kept going. What the heck? I've never been sure what that means and was always pretty confused. I think that was the point though....it was none of my business. Kya is at the age where she keeps real close tabs on everyone, meaning you can't change positions in your chair without 15 questions about what you are doing and even though she's only 2, I think she could have figured out from the recycling in my hands where I was headed. Like me, the first couple times I heard it, Kya was expecting me to walk back in that door with a horse. Of course, I didn't and she was left with a whole lot of questions and no answers. I digress, this post it about mother's so I won't go into anymore famous father quotes.
The simple fact is, it happens to everyone as you grow up and are responsible for raising your own children. A little bit of your parents come out in you no matter if you want it to or not. I have no problem with my Mom shining through in my every day life and in fact often follow my parent's examples when raising my own kids. I think I turned out quite well and I can only hope that I do my kids the same justice.
It's kind of shocking to actually look at old pictures of yourself and see your children. It is even more shocking to look at old pictures of your Mom and see yourself! Yep, it happens to me all the time now and I couldn't be more proud.
We have pictures of Kya that look exactly like this. I was going to post them side by side, but I didn't mark the files the first time I went through them. I have thousands of photos and am too lazy to find them again for this post. I must point out the sweet matching shirts that the guys are wearing also.
This one too...exactly like Kya right around her second birthday. I bet we were even close to the same height and weight.
This one is Kya at about a year and a half....chubby little face! She would have that same grin if she were sitting on her dad too!
I can't leave Ryker out. I was shocked at this one. He looks like this right now. That is even his "cheese" smile. It does help that my hair is cut like his.....haha.
Here's where I would have loved to have done a side by side, but I would have to go back in time before I had a digital camera and actually scan a photo of me. My Mom is probably 25 here. Take my word for it, it was like looking in the mirror for me when I saw this picture. There are many more and we have pretty much the same hairstyle in most of them too!
There is only one thing better than having the Mom I have....knowing that my kids get to have her for a Grandma!
Happy Mother's Day! We love you and can't wait to see you next weekend!
We will be spending our Mother's day at the Mariner's game with Ryker's Tball team. They get to parade out onto the field in their uniforms before the game. They have navy shirts and caps with gold writing and light gray baseball pants just in case they show a little pre-game parade on TV. He is number 11 and Seth, Kya, and I will be with him. That part probably won't be televised, but just in case.....be ready! The kids also get Mariner's hats and I will be recieving a Mariners bracelet in honor of Mother's Day (haha, can't wait, watch for that in the white elephant gifts that come out of our household next Christmas). Ryker is really stoked about me getting something! He's so sweet. He also has had something hidden in his room for me since Thursday that he made at school. He's getting really good at keeping secrets.








No comments:
Post a Comment