Kara, Nikki, Grandma Patti and Kya on the Tommy Thompson Trail.
We headed to Seattle for a much anticipated visit to the Space Needle. Ryker and Kya had been talking about it for weeks.
Yep Kya, we're going all the way up there!
Smashing Space Needle pennies
Monkey see....
Monkey do!
You can see all the kid's favorite things in this one photo. Both stadiums, the ferry, the big cranes, and the Farris wheel!
The restaurant slowly turns around and even though there was plenty of room around our table, Ryker kept ending up at the table next to us. He didn't realize he was moving until he was bumping into the guy's chair in the picture. He looked out the window a lot of the time and I kept having to tell him to come back to our table. He seemed a bit confused every time he had gotten so far from our table.
Pretty happy about his pickle
Done eating and back to his post at the window.
Waiting for dessert
Here it is! The Lunar Orbiter!
Super fun
And delicious!
So good, you need two spoons.
Elevator ride back down
Next stop: Pike's Market
Throw some fish man!
Pit stop at the Tulalip Outlet Mall on the way home.
Puzzle time
Kara, get to work!
The day before St. Patrick's day, we had rainbow waffles with whipped cream clouds.
Nikki's birthday party
Dinner and cake then off to the Edison to watch Smokewagon.
When we got home, we got to work on the Leprechaun mischief! We set these blinking fairy berries out around the house, tripped all three of the traps, turned the toilet water green, put clover stickers and Leprechaun tracks around the house, and some other nonsense. I'm a bit over board, I know, but it is sooo fun!
Finding the fairy berries in there trap. They saw the glowing coming out of the hole and thought they had a Leprechaun. They wanted me to look in there first and neither would stick there hand in there until I convinced them there was no Leprechaun inside.
Everyone ended up with mustaches and silly socks. Even Hippo and Eeyore had them. I guess if you already had a mustache like Seth they give you a uni brow!
Kara's glasses were missing and these were on the nightstand instead!
Ryker's treasure chest was missing and there was a treasure map and note left in it's place. For those of you that aren't up on your Leprechaun history, the story is that if you catch a Leprechaun, they will give you their treasure. They left a note that said if we were going to try to catch them to get their treasure, they were taking our treasure (AKA Ryker's chest filled with lots of important kid crap!).
We got right to work following the map. The first stop was the car trunk where we found a small pot of gold coins.
Kara still can't see. I wonder where those glasses are?
Great socks they switched you out for!
Next stop: Cosmos' dog house where we found some green Gatorade.
Hmmmmm.....let's check the map.
I think the leprechauns need to work on their map drawing skills for next year. Yeah, it looked like our property, but maybe next year they should use our actual site plan or better yet, the new landscape design we just got. I better go have some copies of that made. I can see myself needing it many more times over the years.
Last stop: Play set!
X marks the spot! We found it!
All our stuff back including Kara's glasses and a lot of fun St. Patrick's Day stuff!
Those little green Taggers got our oven, mirrors, and windows!
This trap is Kya's. You figure out how they were supposed to get trapped. She has quite an explanation for it, but I'm still not seeing it.

No comments:
Post a Comment