Saturday, May 4, 2013

Here kitty, kitty...........

You may remember, at the end of 2012, I posted about getting a cat from my friend.  We've still never seen it.  I'm sure it is living on a big farm somewhere and is really happy. 
 
Searching under the deck.....
 
Nope, no cat

So now here we were, with a lot of cat gear and no cat.  We decided to go check the Humaine Society to see if there was an outdoor cat that might fit what we were looking for.  Out of about 100 cats, they both agreed on one!  I still don't know how that happened.  I told them we had to wait and see which ones fit our criteria first.  When the lady showed us which cats would be good for us, the cat they had chosen was in the mix.  After a couple weeks, we were picking up Blackberry!

 Blackberry had to be fixed so we had to keep her inside for a bit until she healed up.   We kept her in the office most of the time, but every once in a while we would let her walk around the house a bit to get used to us.  She would cruise for a while and then hide from us.

One day we had to leave her out because we couldn't get her to come off the fireplace and we had to leave for school.  This is what I hate about cats.  A dog would have come running when you called it!

She was still in the same spot when we got home, watching Cosmos out the window.  I had put a board across to the catwalk because I was worried she might not be able to jump back.  She finally came out and we were able to wrangle her back to the office without her sharpening her claws on any furniture.

She loved all the little places to hang out in the house, but she soon moved outside.  Now she lives under the deck and we never see her.  If it wasn't for her eating her food, a couple glimpses of her running when we drive in at night, and one brush with Cosmos which sent her up a tree, we wouldn't even know we had a cat.  The kids are a little disappointed and go under the deck looking for her every once in a while, but as far as the kind of cat I was looking for.....she's perfect!  She barely eats any food which leads me to believe that she is out hunting mice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment