We finally did it! We went to the Great Wolf Lodge in March when Seth finished up with his crabbing season.
Dinner after a long day of water fun!
Ryker may have liked the Arcade better than the water park.
Kya with her new dragon, Sparky. We were totally going to avoid that gift shop, but got sucked in by the magic wands everyone was playing with.
Ryker and his magic wand. They are used to play a game, but Ryker's was just programed to open treasure chests, turn on crystals, make animals talk, ect. because he is so young. Of course he loved it. Thankfully I was able to direct him to the $17 wand because they went up to as much as $35 for the tricked out ones and then you can buy accessories for your wand on top of that. Ugh. We'll try to avoid that store at all costs next year. It's just so hard when every kid in the place has a wand and is wearing some sort of cape or magician get up that they bought at the gift shop.
We could not keep him out of this arcade.
Sparky did surprisingly well on horseback.
He was also quite the driver so Kya was able to concentrate on selling ice cream.
I saaaaaiiiiiid chocolate or vanilla!
Story time at the Clock Tower.
Kya was very excited to meet Blossom. Check out those crocs!
Finally to bed. This day was exhausting!
Ryker was up at 6am so we snuck out for breakfast or what he thought was a trip to the arcade. It wasn't open until 8 so I dodged a bullet there. As a matter of fact, nothing was open and we were about the only ones out and about besides the Starbuck's employees. We couldn't go back to the room though. We needed to let Kya sleep since she wouldn't go to sleep the night before. She just wanted to go do things in the hotel. It was all a little too exciting for her.
7am, she's up and ready to rock!
Still, nothing is open...haha, it was driving them crazy.
Why, why, why, won't they just unlock the door and turn the water on?
Oh good, the Arcade is open......ugh. I actually like playing these games, but every time I tried one, Kya ran off and I had to go find her. Plus, I hate paying a dollar to win 5 tickets worth a half a cent.....haha.
Finally, we're back in!
Yep, first ones in other than the lifeguards.
Ryker figured out how to pull all the ropes and levers to make water drop. All he had to do now was wait for some unsuspecting person to walk under the correct area. Oh man, did he love it. I had to pretend to be the victim a couple times when no real victim came by for a while, just to see him laugh hysterically and practically high five himself for his accomplishment.
Just out "magic wanding" stuff
All this stuff moves when you point your wand at it.
Ryker can't even stop "wanding" long enough to take a picture.
Next time, he wants a band like mine and Dad's so he can scan it to buy stuff. I don't think so buddy, unless you have your own credit card to put down. Also, you may ask when next time is.....Ryker and Kya are planning their next birthday parties there. Ryker said we can even skip the cake if we can go to the Great Wolf Lodge. They are also planning on living somewhere close by when they go to college so they can go there every day after school. Uhhhh, yeah, I hate to break it to you, but you'll need to be going to your job after school kids. Unless maybe you mean, you'll be working there every day after school.
It was a pretty successful little get away. Ryker fell asleep about 5 minutes into the drive home and Kya about 20 and didn't wake up until Conway! For you out of staters, that means a 3 hour silent car ride for Seth and I.....blissful.

No comments:
Post a Comment