Saturday, April 14, 2012

Next Stop: Everett Children's Museum

We got a reciprocal pass this year to the Children's Museums so we can use them all instead of just Skagit County's.  The Everett one is awesome and so is Seattle's.  They are worth the drive and we are down there enough anyway, that we schedule it as a stop on some of our trips.  This day, we stopped on our way home from picking Kara up at the airport.













They have my bench!  Five to seven years ago when we were planning our house, I saw these teak benches at the Seattle home show.  I wanted one for our front porch.  We already had so much crap that we were storing for this new house we were eventually going to build, with no starting date in sight.  The last thing I wanted to do was store another thing, especially if it wasn't a smoking deal.  The guy told me that they were allowed to go into some teak forest in Idaho (I think) and harvest some old stumps, which they are rarely ever allowed to do.  From these stumps, they made some gorgeous furniture.  Teak holds up so well with water so it could withstand western Washington's weather and survive outside.  They guy told me that this might be my last chance at one.  We also had driven the Jimmy there and weren't sure the big one I wanted would fit.  Seth told me just to get it, but I didn't and now, of course, we haven't seen them again since that day, just like the guy warned me.  I went into the reading room at the Children's Museum and there it was.  Ugh!  I should have just bought it!  Now that our house is done, I know that it would have been a perfect fit!  Oh well, I have enough beautiful wood to look at, but if I ever see them again, I won't pass it up this time.  For now, I just have to admire this one and be grateful my kids aren't interested in reading books when they go to the museum so I don't have to be reminded every time we are there!
By the way, the one I wanted was way better than this one.  Lots of character, but without the high part in the back and bigger. 
 




Perfect coat for the glow room.






Kara telling Kya how she used to do it at the Tastee Hut.


No comments:

Post a Comment