Adrianne sent me a text that they would be right up to our house (15-20 min drive). Since she was bringing a van load of kids, we thought it was appropriate to hide down the lane so we could jump out and surprise them. Well, she took a few detours. We played frisbee, looked at bugs, sang songs, changed hiding spots 4 times, and ran and hid everytime a car was approaching. Finally after about 100 false alarms and an hour and a half had gone by, I told Ryker we needed to go back to the house because Kya needed to take a nap and Adrianne might have changed her mind and wasn't coming. He was not about aborting the mission so I talked him into walking back to the house so I could get my phone and call her at least and he could get his bike. I also grabbed my camera since it had turned into such an ordeal I figured I'd document it. She said she'd be there in 10 minutes so back to our hiding spot we went. Our neighbors already know I am goofy, but we got quite a few weird looks from the other randoms that drove down our lane that don't know us. Is it really that strange to hide behind a big cedar stump with a giant stuffed bear, a baby, a dog, and a two year old?
Sheesh, where are they?!
They finally showed up and were surprised and entertained enough that it was worth a half a day hiding out. Ryker still tells people about it and it was a month ago. He also tells people that Adrianne has a slow van and is the slowest driver ever!

Hey Tori. I love reading the adventures you and the kids take. I especially chuckled hard in regards to your recent airplane trip. I have flown solo with my girls and I busted out laughing while reading the bathroom saga because I have so been there before. I noticed that Ryker is riding his bike without training wheels what an awesome motor skill to have mastered at his age. WTG Ryker. Julie Williams (Morth)
ReplyDelete