Sunday, August 7, 2011

Montana Bound

We spent the 4th of July in Montana and took part in the big Wibaux Centennial Celebration.

Who knew the airport could be so much fun.  Thank you random lady for pointing us in the direction of this place.  Ryker is eternally greatful!



He spent about 20 of the 30 min we were in here, trying to jump off the green suitcase onto the lady bug.  Good thing he always came up a little short because that would have been some tumble.

He was pretty distraught by the lack of a steering wheel in this car.  Who that heck makes a car without a steering wheel?  No worries though, he brought his pretend one.

An old pro at this flying thing.  He's all geeked out with is gadgets ready to roll!  This shirt (This is your captain speaking) was a big hit in the airport.

Kya on the other hand?  Not so impressed with her first flight and in desperate need of a nap. 
I have one funny plane story that will never be as good written down as it was at the time but here goes.  I had been restricting Ryker's water because he drinks a ton and I didn't want to have to use the plane bathroom 10 times.  I figured I'd get by with once.  About 10 minutes after the flight attendants shoved those carts out into the isle, Ryker says "Mom, I have to poop."  We were sitting in the far back of the plane, so all three of us trudged the entire length of the plane to the front making one attendant moved her cart for us and with Kya leaning away from me carrying her, trying to grab everyone's hair, seat, overhead compartment, hat, ect on the way by.   We finally made it to the front and instead of going right in and getting down to business, Ryker proceeded to ask 100 questions about the bathroom.  Why is there no water in the toilet, how do you flush it, where is the sink, are you coming in, is Kya coming in, what's that, what's this.....yada, yada, yada.  He finally got started while Kya and I waited outside because it was too small.  When he was finished, he kicked the door open and yelled "I'm done!"  The first 4 rows were already laughing and the ones beyond that were leaning into the isle trying to watch.  For the grand finale as I was leaning into the bathroom trying to help him wipe and keep him from touching too many things, Kya was holding on to the door jamb pulling herself back out so she could look at all the people.  She had also just hit the stage where she was "finding" her voice, so she was screaming in a high pitched tone at everyone just for fun.  She is quite strong (her daycare lady says changing her is like wrestling a crocodile) so she was pulling me out of the bathroom, making it harder for me to reach Ryker and get this thing over with.  Finally after stumbling out of the bathroom, then back in with his pants and underwear around his knees we had our hand sanitizer and were on our way.  He had about 20 more questions for the long walk back to our seats, many dealing with the blue water that came out of the toilet and if the toilet was going to smash his poop like the one on the boat (thank you Seth for explaining the details of the grinder).  Everyone was grinning from ear to ear at us.  I'm so glad we could provide the entertainment for the flight.  We made it to Billings, Kara picked us up with DVD player ready to go (Ryker was pretty pleased with that since he's never watched a movie in the car-Thank you Uncle Brian!), and we headed for Wibaux to help celebrate Ty's birthday.  And oh yeah, we had to stop 2 more times on the 4 hour drive to Wibaux for him to poop again.  Really? 3 poops in one day?  That never happens.  So much for restricting water.  I now know why my parents dreaded traveling with four of us and I didn't fly on an airplane until I was 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment