Friday, August 12, 2011

Eat Wild Salmon!

We brought a little ocean to cattle country for the parade. 

If there was a category for best tunes and best throws (mardi gras fish beads, temporary tatoos, swedish fish, fish silly banz, buttons), we would have won! 





I wish I would have been able to get some pics of the other floats, but I was too busy making sure everyone on our float had a crazy hat and passing out popsicles to the other floats.  Here is my Uncle Jim and Larry who were towing Jim's pontoon with all the Kramers on it.  They were in line behind us so there was a lot of hooping and hollaring when the music came on.

Brian and Ty ready to roll!

Lacy with a fitting hat

This is the crowd you get for a parade in Wibaux.  I was a little slow getting my camera out, but these horses came running from down by the creek up to us and then out into the pasture.  They were running like they were excited for our music and Ryker thought it was awesome.

Kara, Nikki, and Ryker 
Nikki has a sweet crab hat but you can't see it very well.  I had an umbrella hat and it was great for this sunny weather.  It was supposed to be all for show, but it turned out to be quite utilitarian with the 90+ temps.

Thank you Ty for the use of your truck and boat, and for getting up early to drive.  You've always been a good sport about my goofy requests and it is much appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment