We met my Mom, Ty, and Cam at the Gust Hauf on our way home for Uncle Ty's Birthday Pizza Party. The next day, we got the cake ready for round two. Yes, it is a store bought cake-totally unlike our family, but we were busy this trip!
Ryker was scared our first night in town with all the fireworks blowing up around us as we got in bed to read books. We had to have a long talk about what fireworks were and that they wouldn't hurt him. I was itching to get him into bed so I could go to the bar and hang with my family for the first time in ages, but it was important that he felt safe in his new environment and I also didn't want to leave him with the impression that fireworks weren't dangerous at all, just not when he was safe in the house. He has been talking a lot lately about how to build houses. He's asked me and his day care lady numerous times about many steps of the building process, which I find kind of odd because he's watched a house go up and has a good grasp of the process, but maybe that's what is spurring all the questions too, because he knows so much about it. At daycare, they did a project where they made some houses so he could get all the answers he needed and she got some Lincoln Logs. This night though, he wanted to know what Grandma's house was made of, particularly the walls. I told him wood and sheetrock, to which he replied the pigs house of wood wasn't strong enough and the wolf blew it in. What if those fireworks get through? Fair point. I told him that the three little pigs was just a story, no wolf could get through a house of wood and neither could the fireworks. He wasn't convinced so I told him that if he trusted me for tonight and went to sleep, tomorrow we would go to the fireworks stand and get our own fireworks that he could do and I would explain what all the ones do that are only for adults to light. Finally, he went to sleep and I headed up town! The next day, FUN WITH FIREWORKS!
Popits were his favorite and we bought a truckload so he'll be poppin' it every time he goes to Grandmas for the next 10 years.
Kya corralled in the wagon
He still talks about that punk thing Kara had, then laughs hysterically. Guess he liked the name.
Tell this kid to stand back and he RUNS from the scene!
Oh what will this one do, what will this one do?
Nice form on the tank lighting, Kara.
Hey Grandma, remember when you hid behind the car at the fireworks stand? Let just say Ryker got up close and personal with the scorio and blamed it on her.
Bring on the sprinkler
Ryker enjoyed many of his meals on the deck where he could watch over the neighborhood. There were campers and trailers parked all over, in town for the big party.
Lacy, Ryker, and Kara ready for the Fun Run/Walk. Seeing the unisuit make an appearance after years in the closet warms my heart! I'm so glad Kara would hang on to such a thoughtful birthday present all these years.
Me, Ryker, and Kara
Sprinkler time again. Megan and Ryker.
When Megan was done playing with Ryker, she sat down over by the hose and folded it over. When Ryker went to inspect the spinkler, the obvious happened and it was hilarious. After a few direct hits to the face and him running off in fits of laughter the game got a little better. The sprinkler didn't come back on and we convinced him that he needed to say a magic word. He would run up to it and yell abra cadabra or numerous other phrases we fed him or he came up with on his own and it would come back on. Then he would yell "boo" and wave his arms and it would go off again. It was highly entertaining for quite some time.
Kya and Shannon ready for the Fancy Nancy party.
Lacy only pretends to like kids. I often catch her shooting them glares, especially when they are being loud. Good thing Megan was here to protect Kya.
Then when I call her out on it, she goes back to her 'pretend' party mode. You're not fooling anyone Lac, we all know you want them to let you sleep in and not scream all day when you are hungover!

No comments:
Post a Comment