I caught a tree frog one day for Ryker in our yard and we started talking about all the frogs that we could find in Wibaux on our vacation. Of course I told him about the time I caught 14 stuffed them in a lunchbox and road my bike home with them and about the time I found 4 tadpoles in a puddle in the Tastee Hut parking lot, took them home, built an aquarium for them and watched them transform into frogs. I left out the part where we eventually fed them to Mr. Thompson's science class fish. I told him there were tons and that the best frog hunter around was his Uncle Ty. Uncle Cam came in a close second, but since Ty would be there the whole week we were, I gave the big billing to him. Pretty soon Ryker was telling everyone that would listen how he and Ty were going to catch a whole bunch of frogs when he was on vacation. He and his daycare buddy Keegan had even made plans for Keegan to come with us. Of course, that fell through when they asked their parents. We saw plenty of frogs and a couple fish, but the creek was unusually high and so was the grass from all the rain and they were able to get into the creek before we could grab them. Ryker had a great time anyway and still tells people that his Uncle Ty knows where to catch the most frogs. He also came away with something else that I find very interesting. Whenever Dirt Road, by Jason Aldean comes on the radio, he yells from the backseat of the car, "Mom, turn it loud, this Uncle Ty's song, jam out!" I asked him why it is Uncle Ty's song and he answered with a puzzled tone to his voice, like he couldn't understand why I would ask such a silly question. "Cause we hear it in Uncle Ty's truck, when we frog hunting and driving on that dirt road." He has a few other songs that he associates with different people, but that one now belongs to Ty. Even though we caught no frogs and I don't think he even saw one, they were so quick, Uncle Ty will forever be a frog hunting hero to him.
Ryker threw rocks in the water while Ty searched high and low.
He also checked out quite a few clam shells and tried to skip them.
Miley and Ty at the Arena
Yep still lookin'
Moved on to the south slab
Ryker was thrilled with how the bottle floated through the culvert and out the other side. The only problem is that now he always wants to throw stuff in the water out here to see where it goes. We are going to end up with a littering ticket.
Still no frogs, huh Miley?
Ty really wanted to find him a frog, but even though we didn't get any, frog hunting was a success. Ryker got to wade in the water and throw sticks for Miley.
Let's roll Ty!

No comments:
Post a Comment