Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sunny Arizona

At the end of March I met up with three of my best buds in Phoenix for a fun weekend.  It's so easy to pick up where we left off, it's like we saw each other yesterday.  Some of us are getting gray hair (I found my first 3 right before this trip), some of us are going deaf (okay, maybe just one of us) we can't drink like we used to without feeling it the next day (but that's not necessarily a bad thing!), and we have to be responsible grown ups now.  But when we get together (minus the rug rats that are usually attached to our legs, sucking the energy out of our every move) it is like we are college kids again and boy are we some kind of AWESOME!  Yeah, we've still got it....okay so we may have stayed in a couple nights and gone home at 9pm the others, but we had a long day at the race track and one day we had an early Pilate's class the next morning, and we ate too much at dinner so we were tired, and the music was a little loud for us, and we had early planes to catch the next day.....okay so we might not still have IT, but we've got something that will last much longer than IT anyway, a lifelong friendship that luckily can endure longer than us out for a night on the town!
 
I actually think we're doing much better now, considering this is how we partied in 1999.  Prince would have been very disappointed.
 

Who lives in sunny Arizona and who lives in cloudy Washington? 
And I actually have some color already.  I flew in much more pale!

After we showed up some young pups on the dance floor, we headed back to our table for some Jenga. 
(Totally kidding about the dancing and when O'C asked another table to hand us the Jenga game, I think they thought she was kidding......but there she was, looking at them with her serious face when they started to giggle, so they handed it over.)





We hit the race track for some fun.  I was disappointed that they don't still have greyhound racing, but don't worry, it ended up being my lucky day as they were racing another type of animal.


First race, big winners!

Either the hat is lucky or she summoned her cowgirl days because Carrie was the big winner for the day!

We were outside for the first part of the day and moved inside later on to a table right up front by the windows.


Of course, I had to run back out for the CAMEL races though!


And for the OSTRICH races!




 

 
Kasey won the best swim suit award. 
Justin wins the award for the most times shaking his head at us and saying, "You guys used to be fun."
Thanks for the great time.  You are great hosts, Mosley's!  I was questioning your decision to make Kara and I sleep in the same bed, but we needed that special time together...you knew what was best for us before we did....  Next time turn your alert tone off O'C so I don't have to lay there racking my brain of all possibilities of who just whistled at 5am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment