Friday, September 2, 2016

December

SJM field trip to the Anacortes Fire Station

We came home from school to this......


I guess I put the Lego Advent calendars too close to the Nativity Scene.
While it looks like baby Jesus is well protected, I don't think he should be eating that pretzel on his chest just yet.




Ryker was learning about traditions in other countries.  I can't remember which on this was but the oldest daughter was supposed to wear some sort of robe (hence the blanket around her waist) and crown and serve the mother breakfast in bed. 


Burlington Library Jedi training

 
Snacks for the SJM Christmas caroling night!

Singing in the rain for the Edison Caroling with his school.


When Ryker sat down to write Pete a thank you card for the motorcycle, I didn't have to coach him on what to write.....this one was a no brainer. 


Showing Abby their pre-school park or Causland Park as it is actually named.


Missing that Montana snow!

Kya's favorite part of the Trampoline Zone.

Letting Kya dress me up and take pictures with her Kindle.  The rest were pretty blurry but I looked REALLY good in all of my outfits.

Farming Game!
 

Kya got a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  I think this is their first selfie.


It always starts out so nice....

then this happens.....

and this.....

and it doesn't end until I walk away.


Little man Kase got baptized at Thanksgiving.  
 
30 pound difference as 7 year olds?  Way to screw up the brackets, Burlington!  Ryker held his own, and didn't get pinned but that was a lot of weight to push around and he couldn't beat him.

Wrestling practice

Wrestling with Coach Fleury.

New shirts from Nikki and Ty.  Ready to sweat!

Chuck E Cheese was on their Christmas Bucket List so I caved and took them.

So was riding one of these at the mall.  We've walked by them a ton of times and I always say no, but they knew if they put it on their list and held up there end of the bargain over Christmas break, they'd get to ride one.  They thoroughly enjoyed it too. 


Another Bucket List item, Gymnastic Open Gym.


And Perch and Play......which was a disappointment.  They've heard about it for years, but by the time we actually went they were a little to old.

There was face painting though so that made Kya's day.

Ryker's Christmas concert.  He had his Santa had on all ready to go and when I got to the door he was stuffing it with old newspaper.  I could tell right away what he was doing although I wouldn't have thought of it on my own.  I figured if he was going to do it, I'd help him do it right so we rolled up a piece of tagboard into a cone and stuffed it inside.  He assured me that he was in the back row and the music teacher wouldn't care, but if she did or he was blocking another kid out he would take the tagboard out.  He fits in at school but he definitely isn't afraid to stand out.  I hope he never loses that.  I hope he remains a goofball.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment