Zip lining butterfly
Olaf and Elsa
I posted Ryker's about Kya earlier. This was Kya's that she wrote about Ryker.
Boat Sleepover!
While Seth is away, we are good at thinking up things for him to do when he gets back. Ryker wanted a shelf for his room and they made a great one.
What started out as a T rex painted by Kya and Mara at SJM turned into a "stegahorn" after they added too many horns.
This stained glass came from Grandma Vi's house. I thought I could do something with it without too much work, but the wood was pretty rotten so Seth took all the glass pieces out. They are tucked away for now, but I'm sure I'll have the perfect use for them someday. I had to put this picture here so I don't lose it in case I decide to recreate it exactly how it was.
The finished shelf! So proud of himself and his woodworking skills!
All these costume pictures are from a book we made for Emery. I couldn't help but put some on the blog because they were so funny. My kids are imaginative little dorks, that's for sure!
The horse didn't make the cut in the book because we had a limited number of pages and they really wanted this next one in the book.....
I was just messing with them by putting this on while they were changing into their next costume but they thought it was hilarious and had to get a picture. That costume was stretched to the max!
Saint Patrick's day
Making is cake for the Edison Carnival.
Got a little close to the edge.....
He's going to hate me for keeping this picture, but that's what Mom's are for. He's going to ruin a lot more cakes in his lifetime, but hopefully next time he'll know you just start over.....you're life doesn't end. Haha
Back in action, with a lesson learned.
Cinderella at the Edison Carnival.
I hear Ryker laughing hysterically in the car after church and look back to see this.
I've seen people do a lot of stuff with their palms, but this was a first.
Visiting the Crenna's baby goats!
So Kya rolled into the office today and asked how I liked her face paint. I told her she looked like Mimi Bobeck. She asked who she was and was quite pleased when I told her she was an actress on a popular TV show when I was a kid. I'm not quite sure why she decided to start using her face paint like makeup. Usually she just has her entire face painted crazily and she tells me it's a butterfly or a tiger. This was a first.
First tooth baby! March 24th.....can't wait to show it off to those other preschoolers!
Celebratory salad at Gere-a-deli
After school playdate with her bestie. One of Kya's favorite things to do was to walk home with Mara and her Mom after pre-school. I didn't mind having a little extra free time either.
We were trying to figure out the best way to arrange everyone when my Mom, Jackie, and Kara and the kids came to visit us in April. I wanted to get the car seats in before they got there and have it so the kids could get in and out easiest. I drew a diagram of the van showing where adults would sit and where to put the car seats for the kids. A while later I came back and there was a second square to the left of my diagram with a D in it. I asked Seth if he had done it and what it meant and he said that was D for Dad and he'd take his own car if he went on any outings with us. Haha....smart man with all those kids in the car. Ryker said he figured the D was for dork and wrote it in.
The signs at the entrance to their rooms are constantly changing. My favorite was when Ryker's said "Hugs $1" then the $1 was crossed out and it said 50 cents, then that was crossed out and it said Free. I guess he really wanted to pass out some hugs and no one was forking over any money that day.
Father talked about how he used to save his palms behind his crucifix when he was a kid. I guess they do listen in church because when I walked into both of their rooms that night, this is what I found.
He wanted to be paid for this like it was work. No way buddy, you've been begging to mow since you were 2. You should be paying me for letting you. If you want cash, you best be raking up some leaves!
Seth went to Kya's school and talked about his job. She's been begging him to go for years, so he finally made it in. He crushed it. Those kids were loving his job. Most of them even liked the smoked salmon we brought in for them to try.

No comments:
Post a Comment