Monday, January 27, 2014

Wrapping up Wrestling Season

We've been spending a lot of time on wrestling the last few months so I'm actually happy to see it come to an end.  Kya has had to sit through practice 2 nights a week and spend at least Saturday or Sunday of almost every weekend in a gym from 7am to 2:00 or 3:00.  They've been troopers, but we're ready to move on.  Ryker started basketball yesterday and we resume swim lessons again in February.  I worry that they are to tightly scheduled sometimes so I took them out of swim for a couple months.  They have been begging me to go back and want to know when soccer, tball, karate, and dance start.  I worry about finding the perfect balance for them, but I guess they'll let me know if they don't want to do something.  For now, we're back to running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

Keeping occupied with a photo shoot while waiting by the board to find out what mat Ryker will be on.


There he is, the Pin City kid that Ryker lost to in the Championships.  What a great couple of bouts, but both ended in defeat for our little Yellow Jacket.  I took videos because Seth was out crabbing so this is the only picture I have.  He wrestled hard and learned a lot this season, not only about wrestling, but being coachable, working as a team in a structured practice, conditioning, winning graciously, trying your best, and how to learn from a loss and prepare yourself in practice so to keep it from happening again.  It seems weird, but he learned a lot in the 4 month season.  I don't care if he wrestles next year or not, but I think it was a really good experience for him and am very proud of his accomplishments this year.

Antonio giving Ryker a pep talk before his next bout.

No comments:

Post a Comment