Miss Kya has been begging to start preschool. First we told her she had to be potty trained so she knocked that out right after she turned 2, then we told her she had to be 3 and she was ready to go the day after her birthday.........finally we started her in January. While Ryker was using his advent calendar to count down to Christmas, Kya was counting down to starting school. Once Christmas was over, she was asking every day when it was going to start. While picking out her clothes a few days early she was heartbroken because she didn't have any jeans to wear. Ryker always wears jeans to school so she thought she needed some. I took her shopping for the first time ever and discovered that she has quite the taste for flare! I held up numerous pairs of jeans only to have her tell me no. I finally asked what exactly she was looking for in a jean and she informed me that she wanted decorated jeans. Hmmmmm.... After further questioning, we moved on to another store with bedazzeled and crazy stitched jeans. She settled on a pair with rainbow stitching on the pockets and a pair with big jewels on the front. She also picked out numerous other items that I had to tell her no to including a Seahawks jersey. I told her Ryker had an old one that she could wear. We did leave with a new raincoat and skirt that she was pretty pleased with. Who knew at 3 that they would have such specific taste?!
All decked out with her new rainbow pocket jeans, hello kitty shirt, and light up shoes that she got hand me down from Addison.
Big bro was pretty excited for her to go to and he's been doing a good job looking after her according to the teachers.
Ryker wanted one of Kya and I since it was my first day going to the gym without her. That made Kya sad, not because she wasn't going with me, but because I had to be alone without her and Ryker. Don't worry Kya, I will manage somehow. (Yeehaw, 3 hours to myself!!!)
It was a pretty exciting car ride that morning. Kya has her plant for school and they talked all the way there. Ryker gave her a pretty thorough run down of the daily pre school schedule plus interesting characteristics of all his classmates that she'll encounter.

No comments:
Post a Comment