Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dad Bear

Seth had to spend a lot of time away from us while he was home because he was working on his skiff that wasn't completed by the company we bought it from on time.  Ryker was really missing Seth so I was worried about how he was going to handle Seth's departure.  We got him this giant bear and I told him that his Dad was really going to miss him so he got him a buddy to sleep with and hang out with while he was gone.  When he misses his dad and is sad, he can always cuddle up with his new buddy.  Cuddling up with that big furry guy always makes him happy again.  I even find him talking to it.  Fittingly, we call him Dad Bear.

I have taken it a step further and often get Dad Bear out of Ryker's bed before he gets up.  When he asks where he is, I always say "Must have gotten up early, just like Dad."  Then we go on the hunt and usually find him doing something Dad would do early in the morning.  Yep, of course this was my first placement of Dad Bear.  Ryker chuckled all the way to daycare.

Here's Dad Bear dressed up in Seth's clothes.

He thought this was so funny, he wanted to take my picture too.

Dad Bear just finishing his smoothie

Snuggled in ready to watch a movie


Yes, I probably get a bigger kick out of this than Ryker.  It keeps us both sane while Seth is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment