Tuesday, October 5, 2010

House Progress

This is Ryker's new buddy Blue.  He belongs to Dave who is working on our siding and finishing the tongue and groove under our eaves.  I think Ryker is confused by his name because he talks about him being black and calls Chacon the black dog often now.  I'm with you buddy...Who names a black dog Blue?


We're no longer the "Tyvek house".



 
I'm very pleased with the way our siding is turning out.  Dave is doing an awesome job.  He's very detail oriented and seems to be a bit of a perfectionist.  We had a bunch of old growth timber that was much darker than the rest of the siding and he matched it all up and put it on the same sides of the house.  It was the best looking stuff and most of it is on the front of the house where it will be seen the most.  I would have never even thought of that, but I'm glad he did.



Ryker talks about Dave "working" on our house all the time.  No wonder he's so facinated with him though.....look at the cool machine Dave rented.

We pulled up in the car and he couldn't stop talking about this thing.



Seth hauled dirt all weekend a couple weeks ago.  Ryker was fascinated with that as well.  He spent the day running back and forth from window to window whenever he heard him pulling in.


He was always yelling out the window at Seth, but he couldn't hear him over the truck.  His vocabulary this day basically consisted of "Dad back, Dad more dirt, Dad dump it, Dad Steve's truck, Dad's backhoe load it."  I'm pretty sure we didn't talk about anything more than that.  He was pretty focused on the job Seth was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment