Ryker opened his presents from Seth and I on Sunday. We didn't have a big party for him because I didn't want to invite a bunch of people over only to run out to the hospital. Wishful thinking on my part. No, I didn't have the baby and there are no signs that it is coming anywhere in the near future! I brought out 3 party hats, one for Ryker, Seth and myself. While we were getting presents and the camera ready, Ryker was gearing himself, Hippo, and "Weyeore" up with the hats and was all concerned that there wasn't one for George. Oops, my bad. I grabbed 3 more hats. I wasn't aware that we were having a party for 6. By this time I was thinking that hopefully we weren't going to have to prop all his friends up at the table for cake as well.
The toolbox was a hit.
He'd been asking for a backpack (??) and he loves Thomas the Train, so this one was a no brainer.
We finished strong with Mr. Potatohead. I wouldn't have picked this for him in a million years, but everytime we passed it in Costco this summer, he got all excited.
Wearing Mr. Potatohead's glasses didn't work out so well for him.
He was excited about his birthday cake, but much more excited once we lit those candles. This kid loves FIRE!
He ate about 3 bites of his cake and he was done. He's never gets cake or ice cream so I always think when he does, he'll go nuts and love it. It always ends up being the exact opposite. He's excited, but then he doesn't really eat it. I guess I should have made him birthday cookies. I've seen him pack those away at other peoples parties.
Throwing in the towel. He wanted down to play with his toys.
Thanks for the birthday contributions to his GET account! When he is older, he'll appreciate them much more than his forgotten Mr. Potatohead!
Safety first
He basically spent the rest of the day outside and in the other house "working" with his tools. Now that he has his own, he doesn't have to talk about Dave's (Salyer-working on our siding) and Dad's tools. "Ryker's tools" are way better.
It was a hard ride back from the mailbox.
Hopefully he quits putting random pieces of twine in his mouth soon. There's no telling where that thing has been.

No comments:
Post a Comment