Monday, October 4, 2010

Festival of Family Farms

Hayride and tour with Liz and Colton at Hedlin farms in LaConner.  Fun fact:  We were talking about how our new baby has a good chance of hitting 10-10-10.  I knew that Colton shared a birthday with Dr. Suess, which is plenty cool, but Liz also told me that it happens to be 3-2-1-0, March 2, 2010.  Crazy.  That never dawned on me before. 

 
My camera battery died after this shot so I didn't get any of the pony ride or the zuchini car races, but Ryker loved them both.  Liz took a picture of Ryker on the pony so if I get it, I'll post it later.

After Ryker's nap we headed down to the Golden Glen Creamery.  They had a nice petting zoo with some baby calves and goats, but you had to crawl over some haybales to get in and it was packed with kids.  It was no place for a 40 week pregnant lady so I don't have pictures of that either. 

Ryker was just as excited about the big cows though. 



He was highly entertained by this cow drinking and splashing water out toward him.  It seemed like the cow was really trying to get him wet, because I've never seen a cow drink and splash the water forward as far as it was.

Sunday after he opened his birthday presents, he went to Randy's with Dad for a little football, then I picked him up for one more farm.  We went to Sakuma's, a place Ryker knows quite well as we were there about every weekend this summer getting some sort of fruit, usually strawberries.


Tractor Train ride
He played in the sandbox and tried out about every vehicle they had to ride for about an hour.  I finally lured him away with the promise of some strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.  Thank goodness for free samples.  That was enough to get him back to the car without a struggle.


There were 13 farms on the tour, but we only made it to the 3 with what looked like the best kids activities.  Schuh Farms didn't make the cut only because they offer activities until Halloween, so we'll go another weekend.  Next year, maybe we'll try some of the others.   Thanks for the fun weekend Farms!


No comments:

Post a Comment