Monday, March 4, 2013

Ready to Rock the American Crawl

Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, she's not even busting out the dog paddle yet, but Kya had her first swimming lesson today.  She was AWESOME!  She's been watching Ryker now for months and begging for her turn.  She was soooo cute.  There is a huge difference between watching a 4 year old in his first swim class and a 2 year old.  She was actually more relaxed and trusting in the water than Ryker.  She would come back and give me thumbs up after each thing they did because Ryker does it to her during his class.  She told everyone she saw that day that she was going to or had been at swim lessons.
Posing in the second suit she picked out.  The first was much more little girly, but we had to take it back because she was way to long for it.  I figured a size 5 should work on a 2 year old, but we had to go back for a 6.  The purple whale pattern was gone on the second go around.  Maybe if her mom would take her shopping somewhere other than Costco, she'd have a few more choices.  Haha, I'll put Grandma Katha on it next time.  She buys much better stuff.

The two boys on the left are from the gym.  She had played with them today and told me that they were going to swimming lessons next so she'd see them at the pool.  Sure enough, there they were, in her class.  She's so social these days with all her gym friends.  On a sad note though, Eliana, her best friend from the gym who is there every day at the same time we are, moved.  She is pretty heartbroken.  She's now trying to become BFF's with a little girl named Claire, or ClaireBear as she calls her.  My kids have already had more of their friends move than I had move in all my years K-12!  We need to quit buddying up with these military families! 

The kids stand on a table because the water is too deep to touch.  Of course, Kya walked off it within the first 5 minutes.  I knew she was getting close, so I got up to tell her to scoot back right about the time she fell off.  She sunk like a rock and the instructor rescued her coughing and snorting water and snot.  They explained the table to her then, but I think she'd already figured it out.  She stuck close to the side of the pool after that.




She moved down the wall soooo slowly.  I felt bad for the boy behind her because he was moving much faster and having to wait for her.  He was a nice little guy though.  Ryker would have tried to crawl over her dunking her head as he passed to get by.

All this swimming reminds me of a little secret I have.  Seth is coming home tomorrow and we are heading to the Great Wolf Lodge on Wednesday to hit the waterslides!  The kids are going to be pumped.  I told Kya that we would take a little vacation when Dad got back and have one last big Potty Celebration since I was doing away with the end of day parties.  She's cool with that as long as it is somewhere FUN.
Pretty sure this will qualify as somewhere fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment