Ryker not so sure about his green eggs and he informed me that this was bacon not ham.
They were both sure that these weren't green eggs and ham, but they didn't seem to mind. This afternoon they were on their third one and Kya kept insisting that I call them frosted pretzels and wondering why I kept calling them green eggs and ham. Ryker took her aside and told her to just let me pretend so I'd make them again sometime. Haha, he's already learning to humor me for his own benefit! Smart boy!
Later we hit Mt Baker Gymnastics to celebrate Mr. Crenna's birthday.
That's Kya in there.
Ryker chasing Jacob. What other 16 year old spends their Saturday playing with a bunch of kids? How awesome is this he?! Ryker had a wonderful time with the kids, but was extra thrilled that Jacob was there.
Jacob introduced Ryker to ball tag. Oh man! I have a feeling I'm going to be getting hit with balls and hear Ryker yelling "you're it" for a while!
Hydration break
Whew, take a load off!
Birthday boy getting after it.
Front row seating for the present opening.
Pizza and cake at Roundtable after gymnastics. What a fun, fantastic party.
It was really hard for them to come to a decision on which Dr. Seuss books were their favorite and I'm guessing I could ask again tomorrow and they'd be different. But this was what they finally decided upon today after much deliberation and looking through all of our books.
Kya's favorites: Hop on Pop and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Ryker's favorites: Wacky Wednesday and Ten Apples Up on Top
My Favorites: And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, Horton Hatches an Egg, and Yertle the Turtle
Our goal over the next month: Check out all the Seuss books from the library that we haven't read. I'm pretty disappointed in myself that at 35 years old, there are still quite a few I haven't read.
Our goal over the next month: Check out all the Seuss books from the library that we haven't read. I'm pretty disappointed in myself that at 35 years old, there are still quite a few I haven't read.

No comments:
Post a Comment