Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bring on Santa and the Black Ninja

I cleaned up (threw out) the massive amounts of artwork around the house when we got back from Montana to prepare the house for Christmas decorations.  I had to take a picture of a few.  As I can not save everything, I needed to a least document some of there accomplishments.
 
Ryker drew this around September of 2012, so just before he turned 4.  I was amazed.  He told me what it was when he handed it to me but for the first time, he didn't need to.  I could actually tell what it was.  I didn't know who it was, but other than that, this drawing was great!  It is Seth riding a unicycle and Seth wearing a big cowboy hat.  It is also very imaginative because he has never and will never see Seth doing either of those things in his lifetime!
 
This is Kya's painting, also done around the same time, so just before she turned 2.  She finally likes to see the colors separated and not everything smeared together into brown.

Patchwork turtle by Ryker.  "You know, made of pieces, like a quilt" he told me.  He's gotten into sewing at school and it sounds like he and Miss Tina may have talked about patchwork patterns.  Whatever the inspiration, he nailed a "patchwork turtle."

This was the first thing Kya went for when getting out the Christmas decorations.  Good thing too because it is none too big!

Ryker was disappointed that the Santa costume no longer fit him and that I didn't have a Christmas costume for him.  He disappeared upstairs for a few minutes and came back as the self named "Black Ninja" and told me to take his picture too.  I don't know what a ninja has to to with Christmas, but he was pretty pleased with himself and he's learning to be resourceful instead of sitting around whining about Kya having a costume.


Guess who else showed back up when we got home?  Yay Peeka!  He even had a little envelope with a little note tucked under his arm for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment