So this year was not only our first Christmas in our new house, but it was also our first Christmas with a very special new friend. I never knew what an Elf on the Shelf was until my Aunt Jackie mailed us one. I really wanted to give her credit for her awesome gift, but I had to tell them that Santa had mailed us the package. I'm all about sticking to the story! After we got ours, I mailed out four of them for friends of ours and told everyone that would listen how much fun they are. Some people use the elf to keep their kids in line, threatening that Santa won't bring gifts. We didn't really go there yet, but we had some pretty funny conversations with Peeka about what goes on at Santa's workshop. I guessed what Peeka would say, since he can't talk to us, and Ryker seemed pretty happy with my totally legit answers. We had loads of fun looking for him each morning and giving him messages to take back to Santa.
We read the book as soon as we got it. The first thing you are supposed to do is name your elf. Ryker named him Peeka. I had totally forgotten about ol' Peeka, Ryker's old imaginary friend. He wasn't an imaginary friend in the sense that Ryker really thought he had an invisible buddy. It kind of seemed like Ryker was more messing with us. He was always telling us stories about Peeka, but he would kind of giggle when we got too far into a crazy story about his adventures with Peeka. He was always telling us that Peeka was going to pick him up in his car and take him somewhere. We wanted to meet this Peeka character before they did any driving around and that would always make him giggle. Anyway, that Peeka has been gone for quite some time and now we have Elf Peeka and he is FUN!
Where's Peeka?
Here are just a few of the places that crazy Peeka would land after he got back from his nightly visits to the North Pole. Not much shelf sitting for this elf.
Surprisingly, Kya was more into Peeka than Ryker and Ryker loves him. She often finds him before Ryker. First she would run to the place where he was the night before just to be sure he wasn't still there, then she searches all the places he's been before. She would run all over the house smiling and yelling "Geeka!" The only thing that sometimes distracted her is if Cosmos was looking in the window, she'd take a minute to stop and wave at him and yell "Caca." Once they find him they do a lot of laughing and pointing and then Ryker often hugs Kya. I'm not sure why, but it's funny. I hope they celebrate all their victories and happiness with hugs. I'm sure that won't last too long though.
If I haven't already told you, (seems like it was all I talked about the month of December), you should get the movie An Elf Story too. It is really good too.

No comments:
Post a Comment