Yesterday Kya pooped in the toilet for the first time. Yes, technically she did start in the bathtub, but we are going to give it to her. It only matters that you finish strong, right? She seemed very interested so we will see what happens next. Ryker exited the tub pretty promptly. He was actually quite ticked at me because I scooped Kya out and tossed her on the toilet, but left him to fend for himself. He said that I should have gotten him out first so the poop didn't get on him. He soon stopped whining to point out that Kya was really grunting, to estimate the size of her poop from the sound of it dropping in the water, and to cheer her on. After all the chaos, I was cleaning up the tub and Kya came over, pointed at the tub and said "no poop." Yes Kya, no poop in the tub. Hopefully she really got it, but I'm not so sure because right after saying it, she turned and ran naked from bathroom bellowing a mischievious laugh all the way to her room. I found her there a few minutes later trying to put on socks. Time will tell if she figured anything out from the whole experience.
On another note, Ryker always wants to wrestle, shoot me with something, or "battlestick" me. Saturday, the first words out of him mouth were:
Mom, want to wrestle?
No Thanks.
Mom, want to attack me?
No thanks.
Mom, want me to attack you?
No thanks.
Mom, want to attack each other?
No thanks.
Mom, want to fight?
(long pause like I was really thinking about this one) Um, no thanks.
Moooooommmmm, whyyyyyyyy?
(And yes, he said Mom each time he addressed me and we were the only two within a 100 yard radius besides sleeping Kya)
When does this phase end? I get the crap kicked out of me a least four times a day. The other day, I just stood in the middle of the catwalk and tossed DadBear at him everytime he came at me. That became a game in itself though so now he always wants me to throw stuff at him while he's running at me. Better than getting beat up by him though I guess and easier to protect Kya from his flailing limbs.

No comments:
Post a Comment