Saturday, January 7, 2012

November Random

Now that Seth is officially a crabber, we had hundreds of these little beauties around for a couple months.

I'm beginning to think our shop will NEVER be empty again.

We finally moved into our new house in November, just in time for Seth's birthday.  We just moved the necessities so we could get in before Seth had to go crabbing.  There is still a ton of stuff in the other house, but I am slowly picking away at it on the weekends....about a tote or two.  I don't want to rush things.  I figure it took us two and a half years to build a house, we should be consistent and take about 6 months to move in!  Ryker wanted me to make Seth a house cake since Seth said for his birthday he wanted to be in the new house, I wanted to make him a giant ice cream sandwich cake, and Seth told Ryker he wanted a carrot cake so Ryker insisted we go to Costco and get him one.  Seth would have been happy with anything, but Ryker knows that it is the birthday boy's choice so we must get what he wants.  Never again will I be buying a carrot cake though.  I just got my hands on my great Aunt Carol's carrot cake recipe!  It is the BEST! 


Blueberry smiles



One of the best things about our new house is all the sweet little hiding spots.  This the "Clubhouse" location.  You must have a secret password to get in. 
This is the hideout.  I know it doesn't look like a hideout, but this is the view from the front. The entrance there on the right side is blocked by the ottomon from our sectional couch so Kya doesn't fall out the front.  It overlooks our stairs.  It too has a secret password, which I will gladly share because it is funny.....'Dad's stinky socks'.  The password to the clubhouse is 'rice crispy treats' is you are under 4ft tall, 'rice salad' for anyone slightly resembling an adult.  Don't tell Ryker, I wrote this.  He's very particular about who he gives the passwords out to.



This is Kya's favorite hideout.  I think because the light to it is low enough for her to reach.  She runs in, turns on the light, and sneaks to the back.  It is obvious where she is, because the light in the big room is off and the little cubby hole is lit up like a Christmas tree.

Still no holes in any of the walls, except of course, my Wibaux band calendar:)

Burgler with a rake?  This picture cracks me up.  He got this facemask for Montana and at first hated it, but now he puts it on all the time.  It's not even cold and he's outside sweating in it, but he wouldn't take it off.

Start your engines....

When I envisioned this catwalk before our house was built, I could see kids tearing across this thing, racing, running from each other, playing tag....long hallways just always seem to come in handy.  Anyway, they race on it all the time and I couldn't be more pleased.

Monkey see....

Monkey do

This was right after we moved in so a piece of our sectional couch is blocking the stairs. We have a gate up now.  Our couch is still never in one piece though.  It is usually holding up some kind of fort or all the cushions are in a big pile because Ryker likes to build "nests".  Thank you Grandma Patti for teaching him such great nest building skills.  I will never be able to sit on my couch again.
And for the grand finale............
He bites the dust!
And again.  Will this kid ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment