They cannot get enough of the Farming Game right now. I'm so glad Seth is here for this because I get stuck in games for days and get nothing else accomplished. I understand that it is time well spent, but sometimes I need to do something more productive. It is nice that Ryker is old enough to be the banker now so he's learning as he goes.
Went to Busara for my birthday dinner.
1st grade field trip to the Woodland Park Zoo! Landon, Cash, Ari, Jake in the back and Roman and Ryker in the front.
Roman, Ryker, Ari, Tavin, Jake
Ryker and Garrison
Ready at first!
I flew into Bozeman in May, to look at some rental properties to purchase. We didn't find one, but I had a good time! Kara came up for a day and stayed one night at Cam's. Cam and I went to Helena for Zach's graduation and hung with the other Zinda's.
Hike to the M
Feels like home....
The college house I lived in on Western Dr.
The trailer on Sunlight. It was an ugly color then, but now it's worse!
Kya was busy transforming herself into "Bumblebee Girl"while I was gone.
The strawberries were about a full month early from all the warm weather. Kya was ecstatic but concerned they'd be gone a month sooner too. Such a farmer!
Peonies are in full bloom at the farm!
This van kicks but at the drive in when it's nice out!
Too bad the movies are so late.
Yeah buddy! Tis the season!
Seth got this catalog in the mail and I found it on the counter with Dad written on it. Haha, I love that Ryker is getting such a funny sense of humor and can write and spell now. When I asked him about it, he just snickered and asked me to put it with Dad's stuff so he'd see it when he was home from fishing.
Seth finally made Kya the lox she's been begging for.
We went to UW to meet up with the Thorstensen's watch Ellie play volleyball.
Ellie played great and it was fun to watch volleyball again. It really made me miss it!
We brought this phone booth back from Montana years ago. It was in the garage of our old house and then sat in our shop in pieces for about 10 years. I wish I had a before picture because the transformation is amazing. It was in pretty poor shape. Seth salvaged most of the original parts, refinished them, and put it all back together. Jim Gauthier (worked for the Bell Telephone Co. as well) had the pay phone for a booth of this era and was happy to part with it for this project. It was all finished and in place just in time for my birthday. It fit in the cove we wanted to put it in, like it was meant to be there. It might have cost less to purchase a new booth when it was all said and done and it would have saved Seth hours upon hours of work, but projects like this remind me why I'm married to him. I'm sure it wasn't on the top of his list of projects to work on when there is always so much to do between yard work, house work, and of course gear and boat work, but he will always go the extra mile to make me happy. He knows you can't replace memories and this phone booth is full of them for me. We played in this thing all the time as kids. It was full of fishing poles most of the time, but we'd pull them out and goof around in there. My Dad loved these old booths. He spent hours himself fixing up the one that sits in my Mom's basement. Now our kids will spend hours playing in this one. Since I'm getting this post up so late, I can tell you they already have. They leave notes on the dry erase walls, Kya has written to 100 on the wall, they call their friends and have phone numbers written on the wall, they draw pictures, hide from each other, pretend they are in a rocket, pretend they are yelling when they are only just moving their lips so the person outside thinks the booth is soundproof......the list goes on and on. For me all the fun had in that booth is a reminder of my childhood and I don't walk past it without thinking of my Dad.
Seth pressure washed and sprayed a first coat of stain on the shop before he left for Alaska for the summer. They I brushed a second coat on.
Kya playing with the Robotics Club's newest invention.

No comments:
Post a Comment