Thursday, October 31, 2013

Today was a real treat!

I know I still owe you pics of Kya's birthday, but Seth is in Montana and the kids were dying to share their day with him.  They wanted him to see their "super awesome" (their words) Halloween costumes.
Our day started by packing all our gear for the entire day into our trunk and heading off to school.  We dropped Ryker off, then Kya and I waited in the car in a "secret mission" until Ryker's class headed out of the school and to the park.  Then we snuck in with some other parents and decorated the school for the Halloween party.  Kya then played puzzles and was the "lookout" until we saw the class walking back.  She really wanted to hide, jump out, and yell boo at all the kids but I talked her out of it.

Singing songs


Snacks

After the party we headed to Burlington for our last soccer class.  We changed into our uni's in the car and got ready for some fun with Coach David!



Waving to her adoring fans as she goes up to collect her certificate.



Ryker's turn. 

Ryker and Larkin were very calm.  We were wondering what was going on.  They were just waiting patiently for the Coach to give them instruction. 

They weren't even talking.....
We were all confused as to what was going on.....
Even the Coach commented on it.
They acted as though we'd given them a sedative before practice.

And they're back.  We had to make quite a few jokes before they snapped out of it.
 



Little sister's hanging at the play set.


 
 

After soccer, we jumped in the car and headed to Grandma and Grandpa's to change into our costumes.
 
After they were transformed into Jake and Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, we headed to Anacortes for the downtown trick or treating.

In case you don't follow Disney Jr. cartoons...
 


They loved that a hand passed you candy out of a box at Bayshore.

The Kilburn's yard!  Always a must see.


Spaceship landed on Planet SKOOB.  (Books backward because she's a librarian!)



After trick or treating, we went to the Salzer's house for dinner where the kids got CRAZY!  Ryker and Kya loved seeing the trick or treaters come to the house and get treats.  We never have trick or treaters, so it was new to them.  We got home about 7:30, stopped at one neighbors house, and found 2 Halloween cups filled with goodies on our doorstep.  We are guessing it was Jenna, but will have to "solve this mystery tomorrow" according to Kya.
 
I put the kids to bed and headed down to dig through their candy bags. 
Ryker: I can hear you opening our candy.
I bust out laughing and couldn't even answer him.
Ryker:  You could have at least asked.
Me:  I thought we were sharing.
Ryker:  I'm happy to share if you ask.
Me:  Go to bed or I'm eating it all.
Silence....

No comments:

Post a Comment