Sunday, October 20, 2013

Number 5!

Ryker's bday morning started off with his favorite.....pancakes!

He got plank blocks from Kya that came with 2 balls and instructions to make lots of "contraptions."

Seth built a sweet ball track.



This year we decided to take the kids out to restaurants for their birthdays for the first time.  Ryker chose Red Robin and was not disappointed!

 

Cake ready for the Dino Shindig.


 
It was also the weekend of the Festival of Family Farms so we spent the morning of his party day at a couple of the farms.   Here they are racing crabs at Taylor Shellfish Farm.



Kya kept wanting to go back for more "lunch" but I think the 2 huge helpings of clams and oysters were plenty.  They were samples Kya, not lunch.

Ryker had his first raw oyster and loved it!  Who are these kids?!  Kara I about puked watching him eat it.  Yeah, you heard that right.....I picked KARA up at the airport the night before and these two were pretty excited to show her the farms!


Ryker is pretty sure he needs to see inside that door.



Oyster bed

Different shellfish.  That big one they are so fascinated with is a Geoduck.

Better race them one more time.   Taylor Shell fish was awesome!  We even left there "Drain Rangers" after playing  a game about how to keep our oceans clean and not pollute. 

Face painting at Golden Glen Creamery.  Kya asked for a dinosaur with a mustache.  Hmmmmm.....I get the dinosaur, because the theme for Ryker's party was dinosaurs, but I'm still a bit confused about the mustache.

Milking Squirty Gerty.
 
While I finished up a few last minute party items, they decorated their pumpkins with Kara.  It took all of about 2 minutes then the rest of the time Ryker spent waiting for his party to start was excruciating!  I think a 10 am party may be a good idea next year.


Dinosaur cookies since Ryker always has to have a chocolate cake and Kya can't stand chocolate.

Yeah, I got an overhead projector off Craigslist.....don't judge me.

Dino toss game


Ryker's artwork he made by first tracing with the overhead projector. 

I used our dinosaur museum pamphlets we got this summer for decorations.


 



Yes, I know, enough dino skeletons.  I just thought these looked really cool especially for only costing me 25 cents for the poster board and a little ink!
 
Alexis opening the paper mache` dino egg that she found during the scavenger hunt.
 
 



Eva breaking open her geode to find the crystals.
 

 
 
I love this age!  They are so easy to entertain.  These kids were really excited to wear the "dinoculars" I made them and had fun finding all the stuff on the scavenger hunt.


Making dinosaur pictures with 3D stencils.


Making bouncy balls (present from Alexis) after the party.

Eva's volcano and dinosaur grow kit.

Sunday we hit up the Festival of Family farms again.
Pony rides at Hedlin Farms.



Veggie car racing.  Always a favorite.


Gordon's farm

Corn maze

Alpaca farm

Sparkles the Alpaca!

Ovenell hay ride with Kara



Bucking pony!


No comments:

Post a Comment