Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Take me home country roads.............

Potty break somewhere in Idaho.









Are we there yet?  This poor old man is as much of a trooper as the kids.  He had to sit for 14.5 hours and 1100 miles one day.  Luckily for him, he has gone deaf though so he didn't have to hear Ryker and Kya blabbing the whole time!

Lunch time!

Big Sky Country potty and dance break.

Yay, Billings splash park.  No more car for a few days.


All that awesome splash park water and Kya spent most of her time here.


Kara and Brian introduced the kids to the slip and slide.





I saw this thing at 108 one day and it sits in the shade!  Good thing we spent that day at the Oasis waterpark!

 
Mom, get down here!  You've got to try this!

Kara's friend Theresa of Bitter Creek Outfitters (http://www.bittercreekoutfitters.com/) was kind enough to let us come out and hang with her gang of horses. She was awesome.  The horses were awesome.  The whole place was awesome!  She told the kids each of the horses names and sometimes things about the horse like their age, some little quirk they have, or a story about something they had done or where they came from.  Then they each picked their favorite and were off!  Kya chose this lovely steed named Doc.  She still talks about him.  I almost guarantee that when we go back, she'll choose him again because she talks about him so much that I bet she feels like they have some sort of relationship! 

Happy little cowgirl


Ryker chose this beauty named Scout.

A quick horse switch-a-roo and they were off again.

I think Kya liked Scout just as much as Doc.  She was just happy to be aboard!

They tried their hand at leading the horses around and picked them some of the "good" grass from the other side of the fence.

Proud as can be leading his horse around.



They also both enjoyed riding this guy!  Ryker drew a picture for Theresa the next day and it had this horse swing in it.  It also had a bug zapper (funny the things that catch their eyes) and I think Theresa, who by the way he described as a really nice and very pretty lady last week when telling someone about his riding experience.  She made quite an impression on these two and they can't believe how many horses she has!



This looks like trouble waiting to happen.
 

I think Patti wants on too.  I know I did.
 
Feeding them some cake.

This cabin was the original homestead.  They added the part to the right on to make it a little bigger.  It is a pretty amazing building and adds just one more element of character to an already charming place.

This was on one of the walls.  I couldn't agree more!



Climbing Kara and Brian's trees.
 
Nikki took us to the Billings Clinic employee appreciation day at the zoo.  In Kya's words, it was "super fun"!  Bounce houses, dinner, ice cream, snow cones, lemonade, games, prizes, and music to name a few of their favorite things there.  Everything was free so they had their fill of it all!

 




Trekking through the zoo, doing our scavenger hunt.




It was mating season for the bears so they were very active in their enclosure.

Ryker always wants to do this thing but the line is always too long.  He finally got his chance and he was determined to stick that pad onto that Velcro as far as he could possibly get it.


So funny!


And again.....

And he's down!

Haha, seeing this again is making me laugh hysterically all over again.  I should have just taken shots of his falls.  He was trying so hard and when he would get to the end of that bungie cord, it would just rip him back!

I think I've had too much sugar!  Maybe we should call it a night!


One more slide and we're out of here.  I like doing all these things with my kids, but it's also nice to have a break once in a while and with Nikki around I usually get the night off. 

Great night!  Ryker even took home some decorations(?)....I think he was really getting into it since everything was free and I was letting him do and eat anything and everything!

I guess the bears weren't the only ones feeling the spring fever.  Ryker was very curious as to what was happening with these two ducks in the parking lot.


Already lost some of their balls from the party under the oven.  Go to bed kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment