Lopez Island may never be the same for me as when I was in my 20's, but it always delivers a great time. I didn't even set foot in The Galley on this trip, not even just for lunch.
Collecting rocks, waiting for the ferry.
I left work early to beat the ferry crowd and we had lunch in the car in line.
Finally loaded
At our destination campsite on Seth Rd. Yep, Susanna's step dad's sweet cabin is on Seth Rd. Ryker loved that!
I don't mind sharing the beach, but I could get used to this private beach thing, especially if I have access to it!
Aidan showing Ryker how to find and EAT china hats raw. Thankfully Ryker chickened out, stuck it on a stick, and cooked it over the fire first before he ate it. It was pretty surprising too because Ryker would follow Aidan off a cliff.
Ryker and Kya's first s'mores.
We're really lucky no one got a stick in the eye or a burning marshamallow flung onto them. This many young boys around a campfire should be illegal.
Yep, he liked the s'mores....all 4 of them.
Retrieving the lacross ball from the hay storage.
Good Day, Good Night.
Breakfast in the tent waiting for everyone else to wake up. One of the boys was outside growling trying to scare his brother and Kya kept getting excited and saying "bear mama, bear." No it's not a bear Kya, but she just wouldn't believe me. Those were horses farting outside our tent all night though if you couldn't identify those sounds.
Ready for another day.
Hitting up the Cemetery....RIP Uncle Doug.
Aidan and Caden's shirts come off, Ryker's shirt comes off. I have to say, I couldn't pick two better kids for him to idolize.
Hours of fun. I got to sit on the beach and do nothing. Kya was taking a nap in the car.
Let the mud fight begin.
Oh yeah, look at these tough guys!
Ryker needs to learn how to flex....turn around buddy, look at those older boys.
Really, you're done? Kya just woke up.
Off to the lake for some fishing. Did I mention "private dock?" Man I love Lopez with the Franklin's.
Rolling solo with these two pumpkin heads is always much easier than I think it will be. I still like to be prepared, but I'm so thankful they are so easy going. I'm also thankful that I didn't chicken out on this one because of all the "voices of reason" that were telling me it would be too cold and that Kya was a little young for tent camping. We would miss out on a lot of fun adventures if we didn't just take that plunge! Thank you Lopez for another great weekend. Hopefully we'll visit you again soon sands ferry....hint hint...proud owner of the Robert Magnus. I know a nice little cove you can anchor up in.

No comments:
Post a Comment