Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Backyard Campout

Ryker, Kya, and I were headed to Lopez Island for a camping trip in April.  I wanted to be totally prepared and be sure the night was not going to get too cold for Kya so we did a little test run in our back yard.  What did I learn?  I needed to take the low air mattress not the high one because Kya seems to think the tent is a bounce house with the high one and yes it is cold in April, but only for me, not Ryker. 

















 





 




After trying numerous ways to get the jumping bean Kya to go to sleep, Seth finally took her inside.  Ryker and I settled in for the night.  I woke up about 2am with my nose freezing.  I layed staring at Ryker hoping he would stir and when he finally did, I tried talking him into going in the house.  He WASN'T COLD, he DIDN'T WANT TO GO INSIDE, and HE WANTED TO STAY IN THE TENT.  He was very annoyed that I would even suggest such a thing and told me to cover my head if my nose was cold.  Sheesh, I'm not a wuss, but the house was right there.  If we were anywhere else, I would have toughed it out, but my warm bed was sooooo close.  Anyway, we stayed out there all night and he was pretty pleased with his first campout.  Now we just have to get Kya through the weekend on Lopez!

No comments:

Post a Comment