Thursday, August 30, 2012

And they're off....

Once again we hit up the All Comer's track meets that are held at BEHS each summer.  Ryker is an old pro, this being his 3rd year, but this was Kya's first year participating.
We got there a little early so they could have a few practice runs.



Spending his first spring at home, Seth got to join us at 2 meets before he left for Alaska.

Softball toss

Hamming it up with Alexis at the very top of the bleachers.
 
 

"Now when they say go, run like you do when we try to get you into the car to leave the park...."


 


Shot put


Colton and Adam

Ryker doesn't want me to line up with him this year.  He waits for his group to be called and listens for the "go".  He also runs to the end of the race and "catches" for Kya during her race.  He's so helpful sometimes, but sometimes I feel bad because I think he's becoming way to independent out of neccessity.  I have to remind myself that he is only 3 as he is lost in the sea of adults calling for his little sister at the end of her race. 
Then I see a picture like this with his head held high and his chest all puffed out as he watches the starter for the whistle to go, the only kid at the starting line without a parent squatting down behind him and I can see him becoming more self confident by the minute.  By the way, I've posted this so late that the Summer Olympics are over.  Thank goodness they were after the kids track meets because Ryker was pretty taken with the track aspect, you know, because he does track too.  He especially liked Usain Bolt and I would have been slightly embarassed if he would have been cruising the track doing this:

  I think it's a little too flashy for a three year old jumping 6 inch pvc hurdles.
 
 

 Long jump, and I mean looooonnngg.  Kid gets about 2 feet or so then falls into the sand, EVERY TIME.  So dramatic!
 


 Can't even keep this speedster in the blocks til the whistle.
 
Track future's so bright........
Girl need's her shades

No comments:

Post a Comment