Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hoop It Up


One more day and I will be headed to New Orleans to watch a little basketball.  This will be the first time I've been away from both kids for more than about 15 hours and those days are very few.  I'm excited but also a little nervous.  Who am I anymore without a kid hanging off each side?  On the rare occasion that I'm driving somewhere without them, I almost point stuff out to them the entire way or wish they were there because I just saw the coolest motorcycle, or the baby calves were close to the road, or there was a cloud shaped like a racecar, or the farmers are using a new peice of farm equipment.....the list goes on and on.  I'm very interested to see if my brain can actually turn off "Mom mode."  I know I will miss them, but I wonder if I'll wake up in the middle of the night because I heard one of them cry or have the sudden heart flutter panic attack for a second like when I turn back to my grocery cart and they aren't in it because it takes me a second to remember that they are actually not with me at the grocery store for once.  I just hope I don't instinctively try to wipe Kara's nose, tie Cam's shoes, or smooth Ty's rooster tail.  They are already going to be annoyed with my inability to keep up on the drinking front.  I don't think they'll be up for any of my motherly tendencies.   It's too bad UNC lost out because Cam and Ty were so looking forward to seeing them play, but these trips for us are about much more than basketball.  I think we're going to see a few GOOD games and have a GREAT time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment