Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To Run or Not to Run?

We decided to attempt another track meet because he had so much fun last time, until the actual races started.  I decided beforehand that I would gage whether or not to actually enter him in a race once it was closer to starting time.  We went an hour early and met Audrey and Abby there.  Ryker was immediately drawn to the sprinklers and it was 90 so I figured, have at it kid.
You're shorts get a little saggy when they are soaked!



After he was good and wet, we decided to do a little bleacher climbing and listen to the music.

He liked the very top row and yelled "Mom come" and "Abby come" until we all joined him.

They turned the sprinklers off, but don't worry, Ryker found another water playland.

Other kids kept coming over trying to get in the water and their parents would grab them and tell them no.  Guess I was setting a bad example.   

Final verdict: he didn't run.  He was having such a good time that I couldn't take the chance again.  He even sat and watched a few of the races while he ate Abby's snacks.  Next year he'll be smokin' fast and understand how to wait in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment