Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Beating the Heat

We've had some pretty hot weather this summer and Ryker is a hot kid as it is. You can thank your Dad for that, buddy.   You have many years of soaked Tshirts to look forward too.

Ryker chose the bowl of the watermelon, probably because it was the biggest.  He had a few "triangles" too though.  He loves to point out the shapes of everything now.

He knows how to get all the juice out.

He played with this cool eye mask for about an hour.  It has been in my closet for years since I got it free at a store.  I put it in the fridge the other day thinking that I might use it once I start retaining water from this pregnancy and my face starts to swell up to twice it's size.  Ryker pulls it out of the fridge all the time and plays with it. 

He loves the octopus sprinkler, but he calls it a crab.  He likes to catch the individual legs and spray the dogs.  He also likes to chase them around the yard with his squirt guns.

He waters the yard most nights for at least a little while.  He really likes to drink from the hose and have the dogs drink too.  There are usually two of them drinking from it at the same time.  At one point Cosmos was drinking closest to the nozzle, then Ryker, then Chacon.  Yep, Ryker was downstream from Cosmos.  Utterly disgusting, but he was very pleased with them all drinking at the same time.  He's tried to get them all in there at the same time again, but it hasn't worked out for him. 

Painting outside in the shade.  He's realized that outside, I let him paint anything.  Rocks, paper, the table, the batting tee, leaves, trees.....you name it, it's fair game.  We did have a talk about the house and dogs being off limits though.  The dogs because he attempted to paint on Chacon and the house because I'm sure he would have thought of it sooner or later.


One last story regarding the hot weather.  Ryker now knows the word naked.  He tells a lot of stories, but they are lacking some key pieces and are sometimes hard to follow if you aren't seeing what he is seeing.  A few weeks ago he comes running into the shop and says "Steve naked."  I started laughing, but went out to see why he would say that.  Our neighbor was mowing his lawn with his shirt off.  There is a gradual hill that divides our properties and he could only see him from the chest up going by on his riding lawn mower.  I explained that Steve just had his shirt off and was probably wearing pants.  When we went in the house later, he looked out the window, which is a birds eye view into their yard and said "Steve shorts, no shirt."  Yep, buddy, that sounds a lot more accurate.



1 comment:

  1. We have the octopus too - Perrie hates it. I've managed to convince her to jump over it a couple of times, but she much prefers to drag it around the yard disconnected from the hose.

    ReplyDelete