Oh, this boat has been fun. Inside, outside, this thing does it all.
Ryker exhibiting the proper lifting technique.
Where do you want these plates Mom?
Time for a haircut little man.
Chillin' with a pickle. This kid will eat pickles all day if you let him. I was giving him options for breakfast last weekend....banana, pear, blueberry waffles....he opens the fridge and says "pickle" and grabs the jar. Really, at 6:30 in the morning? I guess adults have too many rules. Why isn't a pickle a breakfast food? It makes sense to Ryker.
Go Bobcats!
Pull up a basket
Waiting for the finch to come knock on our window.....
We have a bird that thinks he is fighting his reflection. This happens every mating season. Usually, I am very annoyed because they knock on all our windows all day long starting in the wee hours of the morning for at least 3 weeks. This year though, it has been entertaining for Ryker so the finch will probably avoid the BB gun. The ones nesting in the roof of our new house though may not be so lucky. He runs from window to window looking at it and often runs to his room to get his "friends" Hippo and Monkey to show them the bird. It has been going on for about 2 weeks though and even he is bored of it now. He just points to the window, says "bird back" and goes back to what he was doing.
Ryker experienced his first power outage. I woke up at 2 am to him yelling "dark, Mom, dark." He's not scared of the dark but is used to having the nightlight on when he wakes up at night. He usually just goes back to bed, but apparently, he needed me to know it was dark in his room. In the morning, he enjoyed playing with the flashlight, but was very concerned about the lights and Barney (if he gets up before I'm ready for work, he watches Barney until I'm ready) being broken. He had to flip all the light switches and check all the TV's. We have a well so we had no water either. He didn't enjoy brushing his teeth with water in a cup. Going outside was another issue because the garage door didn't work. He was quite concerned with me standing on a chair and pulling the cord to release it. He definitly is used to his routine in the morning and this threw him off a little. That night we were about mile from our house headed home and he says "Barney broke?" How the heck did he remember that? I didn't even remember our lights were out in the morning. I told him, Barney was fixed and he responded with "lights broke?" I told him the lights were fixed too, but as soon as we got in the house he started taking his stool from switch to switch, checking all the lights and TV's. What a character. He never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:
Post a Comment