Monday, June 28, 2010

My Buddies

Ryker has been refering to Hippo and Monkey as his friends for a few months now.  Sometimes I find them propped up at the kitchen table ready for dinner, coloring, watching TV, reading books, ect.  I had to draw the line when Hippo needed his own milk cup.  I told Ryker he was going to have to continue sharing his.  At bedtime he's often very concerned that Hippo is well covered up and that he can see the book we're reading.  Monkey appears to be the 3rd wheel in this circle of friends, because Hippo definetly gets preferential treatment.  I came in his room this day because I heard him talking to them and they were both propped up "playing."

Hippo playing with the crane.


I think here he was waving to them, but Hippo and Monkey give fives and knuckles too so it could have been the beginning of a high five.  Lately, he's also been concerned with their hygene as I've had to clip their nails and he brushes their teeth.

Anatomy lesson:  Ryker pointed out all Hippos body parts to me. 
Fun Fact:  Ryker, Hippo, and I all have matching bellies right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment