Sunday, January 24, 2010

House Update: Slow and Steady



We had a huge rain that reaked havoc on our hard.  The trenches for our geothermal coils settled and this forklift settled in with them.  Needless to say, we have some ruts now.




Seth doing some sanding on the exterior beams.  This picture was taken in early November.  He had all the outdoor beams sanded and put 3 coats of finish on them before we went to MT for Thanksgiving.




This is all the excess material we had from building.  We just started the fire.  It's pretty incredible how this thing went together with so little waste.


Our long awaited roof.  Finally!  We were relieved that it was all finished when we returned after Thanksgiving.  Most people are shocked that we chose red because the roof of our shop is green.  That was my fault because I didn't think that part through to the end.  I may have made the same choice though, I'm not sure.  I don't think I would have wanted green window and who wants white when you could choose a color?  I chose cinnamon toast windows, then when it came time to discuss the roof we thought it was more important to match the house to itself than to match the roof to our shop roof.  It is a bit brighter of a red than we expected.  The sample was darker and matched our window color better.  Either way, I love it and once we get our board and batton cedar siding up, it is going to be fabuous!


Our back door is finally in too.  It arrived with a jamb issue, so we had to wait for another.


Seth sanding our railing to go in tomorrow.  Notice all the dots on the picture, that was as clear as I could get it, with all the junk floating in the air.  The flash was lighting up all the particles floating by.  Seth has Ryker all week while I'm at work, then he works his butt off every weekend.  He has been working on his net, the boat, or our house (mostly our house) every second of his spare time.  It is so bad that right now he's missing the AFC championship.  Missing football?  That's unheard of!  We'll see if he quits early for the NFC. 


New trench for our electical.  I'm sure that was a fun day for him.  He likes to use the backhoe.  Ryker loves to ride along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment