Sunday, August 16, 2009

Two Wheelin'

I'm calling it. Ryker is officially walking now. About 3 weeks ago he surprised me by taking 3 or 4 steps between 2 objects. I couldn't believe it. I don't even think he knew what he had done. I had pictured his first steps with him reaching and stretching from one object to another, but he just went for it. I was so excited. I thought this was it. He was going to be walking soon. Then pretty much nothing for 3 weeks. Just the same old walking hanging on to things and pushing things. Then last Wednesday, I was doing dishes and I heard him coming up behind me. It sounded like he was walking. I turned around and there he was with a big old grin, standing behind me. I knelt down and he continued to me. Of course then I tested him to be sure it wasn't a fluke. He walked from the couch to me about 5 times. Every since then, he's been walking. He's not good and not fast, but he definitely walks as of August 12th.



Sometimes he walks AND shakes his maraca. This kid has skills.

Who knew we had hot chocolate? Thanks for emptying that cupboard Ryker.

Whooooaaa. Sometimes you have to concentrate on your feet.

And sometimes, you just have to go for it.

And sometimes you need to celebrate your new found skills with a little music!

No comments:

Post a Comment