Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sweet Sweet Summertime

At this time last year, I was 8 months pregnant. One thing that got me through the hot summer was all the fresh fruits and vegetables that were in season. I craved fruit the most and bought a half flat of strawberries and one of raspberries each weekend. Ryker must have gotten a taste for the for fruit, because he can't get enough either.


Here he is showing off his newest favorite. Luckily there is a blueberry stand down the hill, about a mile from our house.

The only problem is that sometimes I have to scoop them all up and hold them until he finishes the ones in his mouth. The most I've counted him shoveling in is six. He has bottomless cheeks when it comes to smuggling food.

So pleased with himself.

They're a little messier when he has to eat the previously frozen ones.

Learning to use a straw didn't go that well. Finally, something I'll get to teach him that he doesn't already know by the time I think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment